*UPDATE* DROID DNA Has received 4.4 KitKat Certification

jobjohnny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well we're here! It's officially the week of 4/21 and we should be getting the 4.4.2 update sometime very soon. I'm excited and want the upgrade but at the same time, I don't want it because I heard PdaNet+ isn't compatible with 4.4. PdaNet+ is one of the few apps that I actually purchased for the hotspot capabilities that I'm lacking due to being on the old unlimited data plan without mobile hotspot. I guess losing PdaNet is a sacrifice I'll have to take since I surely won't give up my unlimited data!

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Well... Since my dna is rooted and on cyanogenMod 10.2 I cannot take an Ota. I'm not the sharpest android guru but need the easiest way to go back to stock... Matt

Sent from my ROOTED HTC DROID DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

blokh3d

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Here we are 4/21 and still no update. I am so done with ?Big Red? and their so called flagship model phones. I love my DNA but am tired of them getting dropped the second the next exclusive device comes out. How about pushing the updates when they say they will. Checked the HTC site and now they have the M7 in integration listed. This just tells me that the DNA is just going to get out off to the side again. Come one VZ, quit f$%king us over!

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Here we are 4/21 and still no update. I am so done with “Big Red” and their so called flagship model phones. I love my DNA but am tired of them getting dropped the second the next exclusive device comes out. How about pushing the updates when they say they will. Checked the HTC site and now they have the M7 in integration listed. This just tells me that the DNA is just going to get out off to the side again. Come one VZ, quit f$%king us over!

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, If we had a phone that was having some serious issues or anything else along those lines, I would completely agree. But 4.4 is minor upgrade from 4.2 and sense 5.5 is minor compared to 5.0. If we were running 4.0 or something still I would be angry, but as a whole, 4.2 and up are interchangeable at this point. If the update shows up this week, nice, if it doesnt, my phone will continue working very well overall regardless of what version number it says in the info.

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I want the update is because apps area already being put out as 4.4 kitkat only, like the new google camera and launcher. If new apps werent 4.4 exclusives I wouldnt care, but not being able to have the newest apps is my biggest reason for wanting this update

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
My battery has been garbage ever since the last update. I used to get 20 hours with moderate use and now I barely get 10. It is extremely annoying.

I even did a full wipe to see if that would help, and it slightly did, but not as much as expected.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it is still planned! These are the TWEETS from The 19th... Please Note he said WEEK OF, Not Day of... He's got till 6 days :/
a;fjSDaf.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty