Strange Battery Issue

Jodi Huff

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This all started happening a few weeks after I started playing Pokemon Go. My phone would be at a good charge ( ie 80% to 60% ) then randomly shut off while playing the game for just a few minutes and came back almost dead or at a much lower charge. When I would put it back into the wall charger I got with my phone, it would show a slightly higher % then when it shut off. Just with in this past week, it started happening when I wasn't even playing the game. The first time was when I was taking pictures, the second when I was just unplugged it to play Word Chums and just now it was at 77% as I was disabling apps then it shut off, coming back at 10%. Oh and earlier when I was using my wall charger, it at 55% then when I switched to my car charger, it jumped back up to 100% only to shut off and go back to 79% after one minute of Pokemon Go. I'm aware that the battery is acting up and probably crap but I want to know if there's anything I can do to fix the problem or atleast make things a little easier on me. The place I got my phone from won't replace the battery for obvious reasons nor will they give a replacement phone so I'm kind of stuck with the phone I have because I can't afford to get another right now. I should note that it's only four months old.

Last edited:

dexterouz

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I have replied to a similar query of yours but this is more elaborated.

Oh.. I see huge battery % variations. I remember my HTC One X used to heat a lot and the battery drops to nearly 10% within 3 hours without any heavy usage. Also, with my Galaxy S4, I noticed this strange fluctuation, later came to know that the battery had an issue and I replaced it since then there has been no issues. Luckily S4 had a removable battery and I could change it by myself.

If there is a battery issue which it seems then it's not advisable to use it, it's not safe in my opinion. You have to replace the battery, not the phone. Also, every phone comes with at least 6 months warranty on accessories and since your device is just 4 months old, the company have to replace the battery at no charge :|

Jodi Huff

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I contacted the store's facebook a few days ago and told them my problem. They told me what I already knew ( that it's a battery issue ) and I told them I'd be in the next day. When I got there, the guy that told me my phone wasn't there but someone else was. They started taking the case off, and as soon as I told them what kind of phone it was, they stopped and told me they couldn't do anything because the battery is non removable. They told me I could try factory resetting or call HTC about it. I contacted their facebook again afterwards and they told me that all they can do is give me a new phone at a discounted price. I asked them again about a replacement and told them I'd even pay ( though I shouldn't have to with what you said, I'm just desperate ) for them to change out the battery since it CAN be done, it's just a complicated process. I really wish the guy told me about the non removable battery BEFORE I bought the phone because I would not have gotten it. I would have chosen a phone with a removable battery I can take out for a easy fix.