Custom keyboards

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
No real hazards as long as the developer is someone who is at this for a while. I mean they are right when they warn you that it could track all your keystrokes but I don't think there has been one yet. As far as what I would recommend I would say thumb keyboard is probably the best. I bought it initially for my Xoom but it works very well on my phone as well.

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Smart KeyboardPro because it has a skin in which the layout and actions fit my needs and experience. I had loved the samsung keyboard built into the Fascinate and missed that on the standard Inc one.... SMP has a "galaxy" skin that looks and behaves the same. It completes my needs on this phone since the switch last week. (word choice popups, saves, auto spacing, buttons, layout, etc)

pizzafrog

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No one else has mentioned it, but I love a keyboard called MessagEase. I can do about 30wpm with this keyboard and I take notes from meetings right on my phone. It's a completely different philosophy of keyboard so there's a bit of a learning curve, but to be honest, one of the main reasons I went with a droid over an iPhone is because of this app.

ediddy406

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
i still stick with Swype. or if you dont trust a 3rd party app, i also use SlideIT Keyboard. its much like swype and available on the Market.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
No hazards at all. I switch between Swype and SwiftKey.

One annoying thing on my phone though is every once in a while the phone will switch back to the stock keyboard. When this happens I have to go back into the keyboard setting and re-enable Swype and SwiftKey.

Regulator

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded swift key x but cannot get it to appear when I open anything up requiring a keyboard like sms or anything. Can so.done help me please? The stock keyboard is still there

jtg11

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded swift key x but cannot get it to appear when I open anything up requiring a keyboard like sms or anything. Can so.done help me please? The stock keyboard is still there
press and hold in the typing box and a box should pop that says "input method", select this and it should give you all the different keyboards you have loaded.

Before doing the above, make sure that under settings / language & keyboard / ... that the box is checked by the different keyboards you want to select.

BTW ... I use Swift Key X and love it.

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of nice features on many different keyboards, but Swiftkey X has been the best so far. I never experience lag and it looks cool and predicts very well. Been running the beta since it came out and Swiftkey before that.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

If you run the SwiftKey X app in your app drawer, it'll walk you though the initial setup, before you do that, it won't show up in the normal window where you can choose your desired keyboard.

I've tried several keyboards including Swype, and I find SwiftKey X to be the best by far. The rapid setting (read: sloppy) for me works great, I can just peck away and it virtually always corrects any mistakes perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty