Accidentally deleted the HTC weather app - HELP!

thompson.1372

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The other day I accidentally deleted the stock HTC weather app from the application drawer....
My weather still updates but I am unable to open it to refresh the widget faster or change any settings...

Is there any way to get it back without doing a factory reset?!?!?!

I've seen where developers have the Weather.apk file on some forums, but none work.....

Any suggestions??!?!!?

Incredible 2
Android 2.3.3
Sense 2.1

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Try using the seacrh button then typing in weather. Mine disappeared outta no where last week and it came back when I did that

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

thompson.1372

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Try using the seacrh button then typing in weather. Mine disappeared outta no where last week and it came back when I did that

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Nope that didnt work... I definitely uninstalled it by accident.

It would be nice if you could download the app somewhere but apparently its going to be a real pain to bring it back

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
First off, are you rooted and if you are are you running titanium backup or some other similar program? Second how did you delete it? Or did it just disappear? If you can't remember exactly how you did it then my best guess is that it is just another ugly rearing of the bug from the gingerbread update thatbhas made many a stock app just disappear. There is a quick work around that can can be done, but if it is the bug you are going to want to factory reset before more shortcuts disappear. The quick way is to go to the market and download any cut. Once installed open click new shortcut select activity go down to weather select it and it'll create a new shortcut for you. However and I can't be sure but this really sounds to me like another case of the bug coming up. That app is part of the system image and I don't think even in settings you can uninstall it because it is part and parcel with the OS itself. So as much as a pain as it is. I would say that the factory reset is going to be best in the long run. Also contacting HTC and making them aware that this bug is still present and showing up would be good because they have been promising a fix for this since the day that the update pushed.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Another idea you can try is a a battery pull first. But it does sound like you do need to do a factory reset.
When I had my Incredible, my SD card wouldn't reformat and I had to do a factory reset to fix it. Sometimes a reset is just good to do.

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Go to widgets, click all widgets then just look for the one you had, scroll thru to you see the weather apps, it will be there.. I deleted mine a couple times & took me 30 second to find it this way..

thompson.1372

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Go to widgets, click all widgets then just look for the one you had, scroll thru to you see the weather apps, it will be there.. I deleted mine a couple times & took me 30 second to find it this way..

Yeah its there but it says the size is 0 and theres nothing to close or clear... I got a weather app and didnt like it so when i went to uninstall it i accidentally removed the htc weather app instead of the one i didnt want..... it acts as if everything is there but its missing the part of the app that lets me load it up by touching the bottom half of the htc clock/weather widget..... I've talked to people and eveyone says the only way to get it back is a factory reset or root it which im trying to avoid...

Geekstress

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"+"
"Widget"
"Clock"
scroll to #3

Do not choose the analog clock. Choose the other clock. After you open it, look at the bottom and you will see an arrow to choose which style and you WILL find it. It's not lost. The first picture you see is probably not the one. I can't believe how many forum people couldn't answer this simple question.

QUESTIONS? contact me at jodie_@mail.com