Mac doesnt recognize my incredible 2 phone.

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to connect my incredible 2 with my mac computer. My computer says it can't read the device when I plug it in. My computer is 10.58 op system. My daughter has an ipod which works well with the computer so whatever I do to allow my phone to sync with the computer I don't want to prevent the ipod from working as a result. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also have a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and I was able to connect my DInc2 without a problem. Make sure the phone's "connect to PC" setting is set to either Disk Drive or Media Sync then connect it to your Mac. If it still doesn't recognize it try restarting your computer and try again. Anything you do should not effect your computers ability to see your daughters iPod so that shouldn't be a concern.

I hope this helps.

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Louie, for the help but neither disk drive nor media made any difference. Alex, I appreciate your help as well. Perhaps that is the problem. How do I know which system I have?

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Louie, for the help but neither disk drive nor media made any difference. Alex, I appreciate your help as well. Perhaps that is the problem. How do I know which system I have?

You can check under Settings > About Phone > Software Information. But you won't have Android 3.0+ because that's tablet software.

SMM78

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have a droid incredible 2 and my mac wont recognize my phones internal memory. it will recognize the sd card but not the internal memory. I turned usb debugging on, i have tried setting the pc connection type to mount disk drive, media sync and htc sync. I have also went to setting>wireless&networks>pc connection type> usb. None of these have worked. I have downloaded android file transfer but this only works with android 3.0 and up.

Any suggestions on how to get my mac to recognize my phone? When I plug in my phone my mac says "The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer" and it gives me the option to ignore or eject.

Please help
thank you

Jim Carlton

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
If your MAC gives you the choice to Ignore or Eject, tap Ignore, then go ahead. Has worked multiple times for me. Connection between MAC and DINC was USB, with selection to disc drive for phone. Hope this answers at least part.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non