Pros/coins of the Dinc 4G?

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So my fiancee is looking at her options for a new phone next week and this phone is in the lead. I'd like to give her some honest feedback and reviews. She currently has the Dinc2 and has had no complaints, other than that she wants ICS and the "promise" to get it isn't good enough.

Reasons she likes her current phone (and therefore the Dinc 4G):

- small form factor
- made by HTC and runs Sense (she's OK with stock on my Gnex but has grown accustomed to Sense from all Dinc2 and Eris)
- fairly new on the market when purchased
- physical buttons, but she could do without

So, any other thoughts for or against this decision? I've seen some that say this phone is really only a Dinc 2.5 and maybe shed be better off with something like the SGIII.

What do you think?

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
It is a bit thick compared to some other newer phones, but it is really great in every other way. The battery life is fantastic, the screen is nice, and it is quick.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I've had mine for about a month and I absolutely love it!!!

I love the size of it its not large like all of the other android phones out there and its battery life really is great.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

dezignstuff

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the phone but there are some things I don't like. Battery life is good. Very little lag. Connections are solid. Build quality good. Display very nice. GPS works very well.

The things I don't like are related to ics. The damn menu button is an eyesore and a huge design flaw. The way it nags about WiFi is unwelcome. I don't like how it handles the sd card, and especially the inability toove apps to sd. I've had some problem connecting with bluetooth to various devices.

While I wait for root, the ability to disable bloat is welcome. I've had it on a trip, and it did everything I needed it to do, plus it was small in the pocket.

Overall I'd give it a 90%.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything dezignstuff said, except I haven't had any bluetooth connection issues. That said, every phone has its flaws, and IMO these are nit picky things that aren't that big of a deal. I had a lot bigger complaints about the Rezound, and about the OG Dinc after the GB "upgrade".

Overall, I couldn't be happier and would definitely recommend this phone to anyone who liked the OG Dinc or the Dinc 2.

HTC has a fix (sort of) for the menu button issue and I expect they'll push it to us at some point, hopefully sooner than later.

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I love everything about the Dinc 4g. Only things i miss are the friend stream widget and the footprints widget

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Try Android Pro Widgets. They have a timeline widget that is just like friendstreem. Its what I use since my launcher wont let me access friendstreem

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo