How to transfer movies to your incredible, Step-By-Step

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Im not a INCREDIBLE USER...still waiting for the EVO4G. Just so we are clear, Does your INCREDIBLE play .AVI files? or is just only mp4?

the video recording options on the phone are mp4 and something called h.263 (not to be confused with h.264). i actually had to look h.263 up. apparently its a codec dedicated to video conferencing...

anyway, not sure if that's all the incredible plays or if there are more formats it recognizes. i still have much testing to do with this phone...

silver04xlt

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have any tips to get the audio synced with the video. The first one I did is in perfect sync but the last 2 that I have done are now off by about 2 seconds between the audio and video. Any suggestions?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Anybody have any tips to get the audio synced with the video. The first one I did is in perfect sync but the last 2 that I have done are now off by about 2 seconds between the audio and video. Any suggestions?

Try downloading and watching them with Act 1 video player from the Market and see if you have the same issue.

Also, I personally prefer Handbrake for video conversion.

It's been a while since I converted a video, but I do remember having the issue you mention above. I think it was a combination of Act 1 and Handbrake that fixed the problem.

silver04xlt

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading and watching them with Act 1 video player from the Market and see if you have the same issue.

Also, I personally prefer Handbrake for video conversion.

It's been a while since I converted a video, but I do remember having the issue you mention above. I think it was a combination of Act 1 and Handbrake that fixed the problem.

Thanks, I tried both and it worked like a charm. Handbrake seems to work very well!

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. I really wish it showed the video file name in the gallery though, kind of hard to tell which video is which.

Act1 one is nice and shows you the title. Also you can open astro or whatever file manager you have and launch them from there.

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Nice tutorial! :) Are you sure we can play movies off of the SD card, though? I can't even get music to play off the SD card.

Please confirm. Thanks.

I have 5 GB of music on my SD card that the phone recognizes and plays fine. So i'm sure movies are fine too.

BDogg718k

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude you are the man. I just registered to tell u that. read ur thread and it rocked. Not to many out there. works like a charm. thanx again dude. great work!

drbeggs

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I am a new android owner and followed this for converting the video and putting it on the Incredible, but the player says it cannot play the movie. I dont know if its the movie or the player I'm using. I couldnt find a player loaded so I got the mVideo Player from the market. I am new to this so please advise in layman terms, lol. Thank you!

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I am a new android owner and followed this for converting the video and putting it on the Incredible, but the player says it cannot play the movie. I dont know if its the movie or the player I'm using. I couldnt find a player loaded so I got the mVideo Player from the market. I am new to this so please advise in layman terms, lol. Thank you!

Where exactly are you catching the snag?

Im working off of memory as my incredible was stolen, so ill try and help you off of what i remember.. Should have another one in the next few weeks.

To all that said thanks, your welcome!

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

The default player is unintuitively part of the "Photos" app. Load up "Photos" and look in the All Videos section for your movie and see if it will play.

Glocker23

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I love this post however I am having problems. I downloaded everything recommended. It converts the file to a clicky garbled mess. the sound is all clicky too. I tried the customized mp4 format and the mobile mpeg 4 format. I have adjusted the frame size too. What am I doing wrong. When I transfer it is glitchy and when i play the converted version on my phone it still is glitchy. I hope someone can set me straight here.

Rabbitvader

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I love this post however I am having problems. I downloaded everything recommended. It converts the file to a clicky garbled mess. the sound is all clicky too. I tried the customized mp4 format and the mobile mpeg 4 format. I have adjusted the frame size too. What am I doing wrong. When I transfer it is glitchy and when i play the converted version on my phone it still is glitchy. I hope someone can set me straight here.

The exact same problem I have been having. Why for the love of Pete can they just not make it where I can insert my DVD/Blue Ray into the computer. Drag and drop it onto my storage device (phone hard drive or memory stick) and be done?

Why is it so complicated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez