Custom Ringtones

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I was just wondering how to add custom ring tones to my Droid Incredible? I do not have an SD card yet.

Thank you!

R

Roy Aguilera

Make a Media folder (inside this folder) make these 3 folders
-Alarms
-Ringtones
-Notifications
Place the ringtiones in the corresponding folder.
You can do this on the onboard 8GB memory.;)

bcat73

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i didnt have to make a media folder. i just made a ringtones one in the root of the sd card and it appeared. might be diff with onboard memory though

R

Roy Aguilera

That might also work. I like keeping the folders to a minimim though. As you start downloading apps you will see that some create folders also and things get real messy.

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. I'm having trouble accessing where on my computer the phone directory is located.

Also, when I create a folder and open it, it's just blank and I can't seem to figure out how to add sub folders.

Sorry for the ignorance, lol.

R

Roy Aguilera

Just make these folders on your computer and drag them over after you mount the phone as Disk drive.

Kirru

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
This thread is only a few months old and this is by far the easiest and safest ways I found to make all my ring tones from my other phone (Voyager) I had for 3 years.

:)

Steve66

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok - I think I'm missing something. I've got a bunch of ring tones on my EVO...now how do I tell the EVO to use one of them for a specific contact? I can't find where I set a custom ring tone for someone. Thanks.

Steve66

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Never mind - I found it. This is the first really non-intuitive thing I've found. I was going in to the "edit" screen for a contact and didn't see the option to set a custom ringtone. If I brought up the "view" screen, I then saw the 'ringtone' option. Duh. I think it's strange that you can only set some options in the 'edit' screen (like setting "Group") but you have to bring up the 'view' screen to set the ringtone or 'send to voicemail' option. Not very intuitive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11