Automatic Weather Update

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and didn't see anything about this issue specifically.

I check the box to have the weather automatically updated, but it doesn't "stick". I go back in and the box is un-checked again.

What am I missing?

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this on my 2.1 Eris as well (Inc. coming tomorrow). Have to manually load the weather constantly. Hope it didn't travel to the Inc...

dditzel

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine just doesn't update. Like last night, @ 8:59 pm, it said it was sunny. I went to the weather app, hit update and it did update, i have it set to update every hr.. doesn't work

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
My updates stopped working yesterday (about the time the Incredible Upgrade got installed). I can't get the auto update setting to stick either, and I have tried to delete the widget and redo it again....strange.

Bullpride

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Why not leave the auto update off to save battery, and when you need to see what the weather is, tap on the widget and refresh it

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue. There's an auto-sync option in the settings menu that needs to be turned on.

Good suggestion, but the problem is that for some, it doesn't stick when we make that selection. I just turned my device off + on again and reset the weather widget, so in a few hours I will see if it works again.

Why not leave the auto update off to save battery, and when you need to see what the weather is, tap on the widget and refresh it

I have mine set to every 3 hours (actually I think it is the default) and for only 4-6 updates between charges I don't think the drain is as substantial as leaving BT, GPS or wi-fi on, but that is a great suggestion for people who can't get to a charger for very long periods, thanks.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had that same exact issue after disabling the "always on" function in the mobile network settings. It was fine after I enabled it again. Curious if anybody here has it unchecked.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
unfortunately, I also have this issue. I have mine set to refresh the weather every hour, but it usually doesn't refresh unless I manually refresh it.

sternweezy

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue after the update. Couldn't find my city or location and the auto update box wouldn't stay checked. Basically nothing worked at all. This is what I did to get mine to work. First I made sure autosync was on under settings > accounts and sync, then went into settings > location and checked "use wireless networks", deleted and re-added the widget (selecting current location) then went back to settings > location and unchecked "use wireless settings". Been working as it should after that. I don't think it matters to uncheck "use wireless settings" but I don't use that so that's why I did it. Hope that helps some of you.

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

I had the smae issues so I reinstalled my BW and it works flawlessly.;)

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had this same issue after the update. Couldn't find my city or location and the auto update box wouldn't stay checked. Basically nothing worked at all. This is what I did to get mine to work. First I made sure autosync was on under settings > accounts and sync, then went into settings > location and checked "use wireless networks", deleted and re-added the widget (selecting current location) then went back to settings > location and unchecked "use wireless settings". Been working as it should after that. I don't think it matters to uncheck "use wireless settings" but I don't use that so that's why I did it. Hope that helps some of you.

Tried this, seems to be working, thanks Stern.

nufan4115

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My weather app has no clue where i am located. I was in one town today and it said i was in a town 125 miles away. It also said i was in "America" when i was in this same town. Whats up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non