Poynt - Post GB Update

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite apps is Poynt. Before the GB update it worked flawlessly. However, since I updated to 2.3.4, Poynt has developed a consistent problem with the map function. If I bring up the map, either in landscape or in portrait mode, and rotate the screen, I get an error message that "The application Poynt (process com.poynt.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Poynt has been updated since the GM roll-out but it didn't fix the problem. I even uninstalled Poynt and re-installed it, but that didn't change anything. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? Any suggestions for how to fix it?

Thanks.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the app's cache and data. Menu, settings, apps, manage apps...find poynt and clear data and cache.

Or you could just use Googles default search. Unless Poynt has a feature I missed there isn't anything it really does that Google Maps, Places, or just a general search can't do. I haven't found a need to use Poynt since I gave up my BB almost 2 years ago but to each his own I guess.