Pics not sending or receiving when on cellular. Works fine on WiFi

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Good Friday morning to everyone.

I have a TMO LG V60 and after the Android 11 update i feel that Messages (google, not LG) is starting to suffer performance issues.
I am experiencing more and more failures of pics sending and receiving when on cellular connection.
I am using the stock APN as well as created a new APN with the only change being IPv4 only.

I have power cycled the phone several times during trouble shooting.
I have turned on and off Chat features in googles messages app. (Currently it is on and says Connected)
I have tried switching from 5G which i am normally on to 4G.
I have tried enabling and disabling WiFi.
I have disabled and enabled WiFi calling as well as changed it from WiFi Preferred and cellular preferred.
I have also tried using the stock LG messages app with the same results, failed to send or receive pics.
I have uninstalled Carrier Services (several months ago that app updated and caused sms/mms failures and was traced back to this app).
I also tried to uninstall the Sprint Carrier Hub (which i still dont know why or how it got on my phone but after android 11 it is now there and cant be uninstalled or force stopped and per the description is for Sprint phones on TMO network which i am a TMO customer with a TMO phone on TMO network.) Also the Tmo Carrier Hub will not install on my phone from the play store.

So I am reaching out to my fellow V60 users, who also happen to be Tmo customers on Tmo network and ask if you guys are having the same problem? Are you able to send and or receive pictures via the google or LG messaging app?

My last resort will be to factory reset the phone but i would be restoring it from a back up so not sure it will fix the issue.
Sadly this glitch has me looking at Samsung phones. Im hoping thats just the annoyance of not being able to send or receive pics when im mobile.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a V60 on T-Mobile and although not to the degree that you've been experiencing, I've experienced a couple of random instances when sending a picture text using Google Messages didn't go through.

Usually a power off/on has done the trick. Like I've mentioned, it's been very random and not often. The one thing I have noticed is most of the issues, not all but most, have been when texting with someone who uses an Iphone.

I've restarted the phone, my router (when home), etc, and that also seems to work. I can't remember the last time that happened. While on 5G it's rare, more when it drops to 4G and once in a blue moon on my home WiFi

Sorry if it's not useful information but just wanted to let you know you weren't the only V60 T-Mobile user that this has happened to.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Good Friday morning to everyone.

I have a TMO LG V60 and after the Android 11 update i feel that Messages (google, not LG) is starting to suffer performance issues.
I am experiencing more and more failures of pics sending and receiving when on cellular connection.
I am using the stock APN as well as created a new APN with the only change being IPv4 only.

I have power cycled the phone several times during trouble shooting.
I have turned on and off Chat features in googles messages app. (Currently it is on and says Connected)
I have tried switching from 5G which i am normally on to 4G.
I have tried enabling and disabling WiFi.
I have disabled and enabled WiFi calling as well as changed it from WiFi Preferred and cellular preferred.
I have also tried using the stock LG messages app with the same results, failed to send or receive pics.
I have uninstalled Carrier Services (several months ago that app updated and caused sms/mms failures and was traced back to this app).
I also tried to uninstall the Sprint Carrier Hub (which i still dont know why or how it got on my phone but after android 11 it is now there and cant be uninstalled or force stopped and per the description is for Sprint phones on TMO network which i am a TMO customer with a TMO phone on TMO network.) Also the Tmo Carrier Hub will not install on my phone from the play store.

So I am reaching out to my fellow V60 users, who also happen to be Tmo customers on Tmo network and ask if you guys are having the same problem? Are you able to send and or receive pictures via the google or LG messaging app?

My last resort will be to factory reset the phone but i would be restoring it from a back up so not sure it will fix the issue.
Sadly this glitch has me looking at Samsung phones. Im hoping thats just the annoyance of not being able to send or receive pics when im mobile.

Try resetting the APN, also does it happen on LG stock message app ? Google messages are u in beta ?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To follow up - @b.diddy recommendation of resetting network settings worked.
Sending to android and iphone users both failed so it was not specific to one or the other. The issue is on my end and was cleared up with the reset network settings.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to post a follow up to what may have caused all of this in the first place.
I had issues again sending and receiving pics. While i was testing out the issue i went down to Private DNS which i have been using dns.google
Well i turned that OFF and as soon as i did that pending message (pics) both sending and receiving immediately worked.
I also have seen more instances lately where data on cellular was not existent. Meaning i had cellular service but 5G was gone. (and no other Gs either.). I was able to replicate that happening also by turning on and off Private DNS.
So i will be leaving Private DNS OFF.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wanted to post a follow up to what may have caused all of this in the first place.
I had issues again sending and receiving pics. While i was testing out the issue i went down to Private DNS which i have been using dns.google
Well i turned that OFF and as soon as i did that pending message (pics) both sending and receiving immediately worked.
I also have seen more instances lately where data on cellular was not existent. Meaning i had cellular service but 5G was gone. (and no other Gs either.). I was able to replicate that happening also by turning on and off Private DNS.
So i will be leaving Private DNS OFF.
Thanks for the update, yeah ive seen that setting cause issues on other users devices, good find

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000