dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Most people I call are on VZ so I'm staying with VZ. I find their coverage generally awesome. The bigger screen on the EVO makes it a bit large for me, personally. I like the Incredible's size.

anon(20500)

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the bigger screen as well. I do like the 720p and I have 4g in my area. The plans, even with the extra $10 for 4g are not far off Verizon's. Coverage is an issue but I have a friend who is ok with it. I do love my Incredible. It will be a tough call. I have a week and a half to decide

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
LTE will become more available as the year progresses in VZW land... this will make you want to get an LTE based phone. VZW will have much better coverage for that than Sprint will from what I can tell. I figure you will start seeing LTE based phones near the end of the year into next year.

I don't think any of the current phones can be upgraded via firmware to LTE.

So if you are going to jump ship from the DI, most likely it will be to something with LTE in it and most likely still with VZW unless you don't like them for some other reason.

Discussion of EVO in the DI topic is a bit weird... the EVO is not even shipping yet.

As for it's "better" screen... The DI is more than adequate for me, and I have little need for higher resolution video or a larger screen.

danielk

May 4, 2010
Visit site
What's the point? There will always be something 'better' down the line. What are you going to do, switch phones every 30 days? It's taken me the better part of the month just configuring/downloading-apps/getting-use-to the DI, especially since I switched from AT&T and LG Shine (not really a bad phone if you don't mind T9 but the DI is light years ahead).

Besides, the internet speeds I get with the DI are more than adequate for my needs.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The way I see it is if you have Verizon, get the Incredible. If you have Sprint, get the Evo. I wouldn't jump from Sprint to get the Incredible, and I see no real reason to do the opposite.

Last edited:

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What's the point? There will always be something 'better' down the line. What are you going to do, switch phones every 30 days? It's taken me the better part of the month just configuring/downloading-apps/getting-use-to the DI, especially since I switched from AT&T and LG Shine (not really a bad phone if you don't mind T9 but the DI is light years ahead).

Besides, the internet speeds I get with the DI are more than adequate for my needs.

Agreed. Especially with Android...the manufacturers are tripping over themselves to produce killer handsets for the OS, and there will be a new "OMG" phone every few months going forward. I personally can't imagine needing anything faster or slicker than the Inc for the next couple years (especially when the FroYo update hits the Inc) and in my personal experience VZW's customer service beats Sprint by a mile.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
If we found out that the EVO was going to drop at VZW, I'd turn my Inc in today and wait for the EVO.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I will be running to try the EVO, had the incredible for a week and returned it due to horrible call quality and horrible reception.. Was almost a joke how bad it was..

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I will be running to try the EVO, had the incredible for a week and returned it due to horrible call quality and horrible reception.. Was almost a joke how bad it was..

did you try replacing the Inc before canceling? just sounds like you had a bad device. or, maybe VZW just really sucks in your neck of the woods?

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Diehard verizon customer for over 10yrs and made all my friends and family switch to verizon but I have the inc and I pre order the evo the reason is sprint is about the same in my city as far as coverage goes and cost like $30 less so i will give them that 30day trail and if i don't like it i will go back to the inc. For the record i've never had a problem with verizon its just based on price at this point thats all.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
did you try replacing the Inc before canceling? just sounds like you had a bad device. or, maybe VZW just really sucks in your neck of the woods?

No, I'm in Chicago and all my previous Verizon phones were fantastic! I have been reading a lot lately about the incredible's reception and call quality issues..

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
No, I'm in Chicago and all my previous Verizon phones were fantastic! I have been reading a lot lately about the incredible's reception and call quality a issues..

Wow...so many of us have had a completely opposite experience. Oh well.

Your EVO should rock, if the battery lasts. :)