Phone Vibrates while talking on the phone??

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was not aware that if I am on a call and an sms is received that my phone will still vibrate?? This was very disruptive, because both me the person I was talking to could hear this quite loudly. It just so happened that I was sent a long text today and my phone "buzzed" several times in a matter off a few seconds.

Is this typical? Or is there a setting for no notifications while I'm on the phone??

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I always have my phone on vibrate and this is about the only thing I can think of that REALLY bothers me...other than that...I love the phone!!!

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was not aware that if I am on a call and an sms is received that my phone will still vibrate?? This was very disruptive, because both me the person I was talking to could hear this quite loudly. It just so happened that I was sent a long text today and my phone "buzzed" several times in a matter off a few seconds.

Is this typical? Or is there a setting for no notifications while I'm on the phone??

Which SMS app or you using (stock, handcent, chomp, etc...)? I know that for the handcent app you can set it so that the phone will never vibrate when you receive a sms msg.

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Stock...

I did set uncheck the setting to not vibrate when I receive a message. But this also means the phone will not vibrate (for a sms/mms/email) when it is in "vibrate" setting for ringtones. (if this is making sense) To me, it should be an expectation that phone doesn't vibrate when you are on the phone not matter the setting...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty