What are you using to charge your phone?

Jasonrj

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately the charger that came with my phone makes a horrible buzzing sound and the phone has error messages telling me to unplug it to prevent damage. HTC has been much less than helpful in replacing it, So I'm currently looking at these two options:

Micro-USB 3-in-1 Charging Power Pack

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Anyone have any comments or suggestions? Are there any good vehicle solutions? I'm kinda hesitant to buy anything like this if there is going to be a vehicle dock or something that also has charging built into it or something.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
have you tried complaining to verizon about replacing your charger?

if the original is defective, you shouldn't be forced to buy something else just to charge your phone. i would raise hell at a store if they didn't replace it for me. (especially with something demonstrate-able as an issue such as the error message)

personally, i use the stock charger as well as a usb cable plugged into my zune's charger in my car

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i am using all my old BB stuff several ac aapters and a few car plugs.
I dont think I even took the HTC Charger out of the box..

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's probably not recommended, but I use a variety of cables. I've used my BB Charge, BB USB Cable, Nook Charger, Verizon Car Charger, and the micro usb cable used to charge my cordless mouse.

I haven't had a problem with any of them, and like another poster said...head to your local VZW store. You're still within the 30 day exhange and warranty periods. They should help you out. If they don't then they must have misread their customer service mantra.

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the charger from my iphone for my bed/night stand. And the HTC one for my computer desk. So if you have any old ipods laying around, you can use that charger/wall unit. I tried a cheap one from MonoPrice, but I would loose touch screen function with that unit. Any usb charger with 5v DC 1000mA/1A output should do.

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock charger, my Storm's charger, car charger that I used with my Storm, and the USB from my Storm. I'm not without charging options. Good thing with the pathetic battery life.

TheFLCracker

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I use my HTC usb cord and wall jack in the living room. I bought a universal wall charger with a longer cord from Wal-Mart made by Everything Wireless for $14.56 by mt bed and it works perfectly. I use the VZW car charger on the go. Some say the VZW charger makes their battery over heat, but I haven't had any issues with mine.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Charge on my nightstand everynight with stock AC charger the phone came with. have a number of retractable USB to MicroUSB cables just about everywhere for data and charging if necessary. Already had a car charger to USB in my truck though I've not used it yet.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I would either head to your local verizon or call them and ask for a new charger. I would think the charger would be under warranty.

If for some reason they refuse then try getting a different charger.

Jasonrj

May 5, 2010
Visit site
have you tried complaining to verizon about replacing your charger?

if the original is defective, you shouldn't be forced to buy something else just to charge your phone. i would raise hell at a store if they didn't replace it for me. (especially with something demonstrate-able as an issue such as the error message)

personally, i use the stock charger as well as a usb cable plugged into my zune's charger in my car

The reason I haven't gone to a VZW store is because I bought my phone from letstalk.com, not from Verizon. I contacted letstalk, but they said in order to exchange any single part, HTC requires them to exchange the entire product. So I'd have to mail my phone to Texas and wait about a week to get a new one.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Surely they offer to cross ship it? If they didn't offer it ask about it, that way you don't go without a phone. This is one of the reasons I always get my phones from the provider.

Jasonrj

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Surely they offer to cross ship it? If they didn't offer it ask about it, that way you don't go without a phone. This is one of the reasons I always get my phones from the provider.

They said they must first receive the phone, then send me a replacement, and that it would take about a week.

I would have bought it from Verizon, but they ran out and their site said it would be like 2 weeks before they shipped anything. Lets talk never ran out and was shipping stuff same day for $50 less than Verizon. It was cheaper (and a couple weeks faster), even if I have to buy a different wall adapter.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
verizon should still cover the phone, try calling verizon's customer support and see if they will exchange it out for you.

the verizon car charger has caused my battery to overheat twice (stock) i'm not risking my seidio battery on that pos.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
They said they must first receive the phone, then send me a replacement, and that it would take about a week.

I would have bought it from Verizon, but they ran out and their site said it would be like 2 weeks before they shipped anything. Lets talk never ran out and was shipping stuff same day for $50 less than Verizon. It was cheaper (and a couple weeks faster), even if I have to buy a different wall adapter.

What you saved in shipping and money you lost needing to return the phone and the hassle. Sucks.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Using the stock charger on the nightstand. We had bought a car charger for my wife's Q9h at Walmart, but it didn't work. Works fine on my DI, though. At the office: USB from computer (when needed).

Jasonrj

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What you saved in shipping and money you lost needing to return the phone and the hassle. Sucks.
No. I haven't returned the phone, and I won't be. I'm looking at buying something as posted in the first post, which will provide a home charging solution as well and in the end still be cheaper. Also, repeating myself again, even if I did return it and had no phone for 1 week, it could be argued that is better than not having it for 2 weeks as I was originally looking at.

verizon should still cover the phone, try calling verizon's customer support and see if they will exchange it out for you.

the verizon car charger has caused my battery to overheat twice (stock) i'm not risking my seidio battery on that pos.

What car charger are you using now?

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
No. I haven't returned the phone, and I won't be. I'm looking at buying something as posted in the first post, which will provide a home charging solution as well and in the end still be cheaper. Also, repeating myself again, even if I did return it and had no phone for 1 week, it could be argued that is better than not having it for 2 weeks as I was originally looking at.

What car charger are you using now?

the car adapter for my zuneHD has a usb port on it, i'm using that with a monoprice cable and it seems to work just fine, no overheating issues at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non