PDF in browser

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if there is a way to get PDFs to display in browser. Our school uses a website called ETUDES and my teacher posts project handouts there in PDF. Only problem is when I go to the site I can't see them, It's just blank where they should be. I've just been going on my computer at home and saving them, then putting them on my phone but its nice to be able to see the ones they post before I have had time to download them from home. I have also tried the Dolphin HD browser and it doesn't do what I want.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
My N1 came with QuickOffice (or at least a subset of it) which would display PDFs by downloading them to my microsd card, and offering to open them.

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My N1 came with QuickOffice (or at least a subset of it) which would display PDFs by downloading them to my microsd card, and offering to open them.

If you read my post I said that's what I already do. I want to know if there's a way to view PDFs in browser.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't know of any browsers that have built-in PDF support so as far as I know there's no way to view them from the browser. Dolphin HD has the ability to install add-ons so someone might make or have one but like I said, I'm not aware of one.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
don't think the browser is capable enough to do that, however, it treats it like an attachment like other items.

When I click on a PDF, it downloads it and then I can click on the download to use the PDF viewer to look at it.

This is with the default browser.

Seems very capable to me.

**Might be because I got Documents2Go when it was $5**

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
^^ Yeah, sounds like its a webkit limitation. Tell your teacher to provide links to the pdfs. Embedding pdfs is not a good idea (as a web developer)