Questions - battery, lock, yahoo account, speed dial

Bibliophile83

Apr 14, 2010
www.thingsyousaydistro.com
I have looked for these answers, but can't find them anywhere. Apologies if they have been asked somewhere else, and thank you in advance for your help!

1) Is there a way to make it so it doesn't lock, or to take a longer time to lock? I don't mind the screen blacking out, but I'd like to be able to just touch the screen to bring it back instead of having to press the button on top every time.

2) I tried syncing my Yahoo account with the HTC mail client, and followed the instructions on the "tips and tricks" thread to a T. I didn't receive any error messages, but am unable to read or send any mail - it just says "No Messages". I sent a test e-mail from my Gmail account to the Yahoo one, and was able to read it on the computer, but the phone still says no messages.

3) Is there a speed dial feature? or is that what the "favorites" is for?

4) My battery is running out really fast. I received the phone yesterday, and have had to recharge it three times already. I have been using it a lot, but not really THAT much as I'm quite busy. I read somewhere about a battery fix, but I can't find it now. I turned off my GPS, but that hasn't seemed to help. Is this normal? Should I invest in an extra battery?

Thanks again. I hope this is okay here - I had a bunch of questions, so I wasn't sure which thread to put this in. So I made my own :)

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have looked for these answers, but can't find them anywhere. Apologies if they have been asked somewhere else, and thank you in advance for your help!

1) Is there a way to make it so it doesn't lock, or to take a longer time to lock? I don't mind the screen blacking out, but I'd like to be able to just touch the screen to bring it back instead of having to press the button on top every time.

2) I tried syncing my Yahoo account with the HTC mail client, and followed the instructions on the "tips and tricks" thread to a T. I didn't receive any error messages, but am unable to read or send any mail - it just says "No Messages". I sent a test e-mail from my Gmail account to the Yahoo one, and was able to read it on the computer, but the phone still says no messages.

3) Is there a speed dial feature? or is that what the "favorites" is for?

4) My battery is running out really fast. I received the phone yesterday, and have had to recharge it three times already. I have been using it a lot, but not really THAT much as I'm quite busy. I read somewhere about a battery fix, but I can't find it now. I turned off my GPS, but that hasn't seemed to help. Is this normal? Should I invest in an extra battery?

Thanks again. I hope this is okay here - I had a bunch of questions, so I wasn't sure which thread to put this in. So I made my own :)

1) Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Screen Timeout

2) I don't bother with HTC's email app. I just have all my email accounts that aren't gmail forward to one of my gmail accounts. You can set this up from the gmail website and looking under settings.

3) App Drawer > People > *The person you want* > Menu > Set As Speed Dial

4) Menu > Add to Home > Widget > Power Control
From here you can manage Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, and more. Make sure stuff is off if you don't need it.
If you are having a ton of issues, you can go into Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync and turn syncing off but you shouldn't have to do that. If you still have issues after using the power control widget, I would suggest buying this or perhaps a charger for work/car. If you aren't coming from using a smartphone, you have to expect to charge your phone daily. These things really are portable computers now, and you would expect to charge your laptop daily if you used it off the charger all day right?

hope this stuff works =]