Problems with Yahoo Mail

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Yahoo Mail on my Windows desktop PC for many years without any particular problems. I can also "mirror" the correspondence on my Samsung Galaxy A 51. But the way the A51 "manages" the correspondence is by comparison a disaster. Difficulty in following threads, in filtering out irrelevant posts etc. I think this may be due to the software on the A51 "linking" correspondence with a particular correspondent into one long thread, and not making a competent job of it. Is there a way one can configure Yahoo Mail on my A51 to look, sound and behave like on my desktop? And if so, how?

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Yahoo Mail on my Windows desktop PC for many years without any particular problems. I can also "mirror" the correspondence on my Samsung Galaxy A 51. But the way the A51 "manages" the correspondence is by comparison a disaster. Difficulty in following threads, in filtering out irrelevant posts etc. I think this may be due to the software on the A51 "linking" correspondence with a particular correspondent into one long thread, and not making a competent job of it. Is there a way one can configure Yahoo Mail on my A51 to look, sound and behave like on my desktop? And if so, how?
It's not the phone it's the garbage app. I couldn't even get my email to show up.

I suggest you try a third party app or better yet save your sanity and privacy and give up on Yahoo.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Are you actually using the stock Samsung Email app? Or some other email app?

Go into settings for the email app. There may be a "threaded" or "conversation" view option somewhere. It's a fairly common option for most email apps.

That setting is what does that with the email list, and I personally can't stand that way of viewing my list of emails.

Macpherson1

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I use the Yahoo Mail app on both my PC and my Galaxy A51 mobile. I have looked through the Yahoo menu items several time - on the mobile - and cannot find anything that resembles Conversation or Threads. There must be a way of "unthreading" the way that A 51 Conversations are displayed??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use the Yahoo Mail app on both my PC and my Galaxy A51 mobile. I have looked through the Yahoo menu items several time - on the mobile - and cannot find anything that resembles Conversation or Threads. There must be a way of "unthreading" the way that A 51 Conversations are displayed??
I agree with B. Diddy how do you access Yahoo on your phone ?

Reactions: Laura Knotek