Stick with my DINC or switch to the refurb replacement?

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Still using my non-rooted DINC and going on two years with it. Encountered the dreaded "low on space" problem and discovered that my 150MB data space was down to 50K free. After moving all of my apps to the SD card, deleting the few photos and songs that I had on it, I still had the memory problem. Took it to the Verizon store and after they messed with it, they offered to send me a refurb phone. Just got it. In the meantime, I discovered that my Touchdown email app had a problem and had to rebuild its database. Once I did that, my data space is now back up to 80-90MB free. Woo Hoo!

Now, I'm wondering if I should stick with my original phone or make the switch to the clean refurb that they sent me? It appears to be an original DINC and behind the battery, it's labeled ADR6300VW. What say you?

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
All other things being equal, I would stick with your original. You know what you have and the new one may be faulty in some other way. If your only problem was space and that is fixed, keep the refurb as a spare.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd stick with the known entity as well - Refurbs are great if your phone is dead, but if not... Stick with the one you know works well.

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I agree - stick with what you know that works. I'm just glad that I was able to fix that low on space problem after the VZ guy assumed that it was a hardware problem. Still, props to him for offering to send me a replacement no charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981