keeping number help

Astromech

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have suffered with the 4g thunderbolt the past year. I got fed up and bought a dinc off of Craigslist to get me through until my contract expires. Much to my surprise, the dinc does not contain a sim card slot. Yes, I'm stupid. Can I just use this phone and keep my original number or do I need to sell the dinc? How do I go about it if possible? Thanks!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can keep your number - when you call VZW to register the DInc they will associate your number to the ESN of the DInc. You can also drop the 4g plan as well and just get a 3g data package.

Hope this helps.

Astromech

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It worked just to follow up. I am in a 4G area but it has always been 1 bar at the most at my house. My thunderbolt refused to go to 3G from 4G so I had to put up with 1X most of the time when not using my wifi. This Incredible is already a ton faster than my thunderbolt. Thanks for the help.

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked out. I still have not found a phone to move to yet.

I am in the same boat. Looking at upgrade options, but the VZW charge just to upgrade my phone is not sounding too pleasing...so since my dinc and my wifes facinate are doing just fine we may keep our phones past our contract end date, although a lot will depend on what they do to put the screws to us over the unlimited data.

Even after I update my phone, my rooted dinc will stay in service as a wifi device and my music player....yes, i like it that much

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting on 3 upgrades. May use one for the DInc 4G and if I don't like it then I'll give it to the wife and look at either the Nexus or whatever else is on the horizon.