I blacked out my Incredible

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
After a month of having my Incredible, I finally got to the point where I couldn't stand having that red ear piece screen anymore and my OCD drove me to this -

di1.jpg

di2.jpg

It's pretty subtle, but I don't have fits of rage every time I see that stupid red on the phone ;). I guess I'll see how well it holds up, but for the time being my soul is at rest.

I just masked the area off and went over it carefully with a paint pen. Once it dried I came back with a needle and magnifying glass and very carefully opened the little holes in the screen back up.

tatts34

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I know it is a small change but I did something similar to my orange Env and they denied the warranty because i physically altered the phone and even the insurance would not replace it. So now I stick to plain Jane or use a vinyl stickers. If there is any Verizon employees out there that can verify please do so. BTW all I did was draw a smiley face on the lens cap with a paint stick.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure my OCD would make me do that but the red makes me feel limited in which color cases one could pick.

Are you going to do the camera lens?

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
I know it is a small change but I did something similar to my orange Env and they denied the warranty because i physically altered the phone and even the insurance would not replace it. So now I stick to plain Jane or use a vinyl stickers. If there is any Verizon employees out there that can verify please do so. BTW all I did was draw a smiley face on the lens cap with a paint stick.

The key is to make sure it's not on there when you take it back. Amidst my failed attempts I learned it comes off very easily with acetone.

I'm not sure my OCD would make me do that but the red makes me feel limited in which color cases one could pick.

Are you going to do the camera lens?

No, I'm cool with it since I don't look at it all day long. Also, since it's not recessed it would chip off pretty quick.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Love the red too. Must admit, I was a little saddened the EVO stuck to silver for that earpiece since the part behind the kickstand and camera are red. But still, it suits the EVO's silver graphics and still looks nice. But red is nice too, not sure why you'd paint it, but admittedly black does look sharp.

Last edited:

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I personally headed to my local best buy, and picked up a Red Silicone cover case thingy that says HTC on the back- it fits the phone perfectly, the camera lens is just a bit lower than the case so thats good, and on the front, around the edges theres very thin layer that actually fits into the crevice around the front of the phone- i had a storm and the dust under the screen was a very big issue, so this clears my mind :) btw- im very happy with it! 20 bucks... who knew?

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I personally headed to my local best buy, and picked up a Red Silicone cover case thingy that says HTC on the back- it fits the phone perfectly, the camera lens is just a bit lower than the case so thats good, and on the front, around the edges theres very thin layer that actually fits into the crevice around the front of the phone- i had a storm and the dust under the screen was a very big issue, so this clears my mind :) btw- im very happy with it! 20 bucks... who knew?

You should post some pics of it so anyone that is interested in it can know what the final result will look like. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38