App STorage For Incredible

arkarkwin

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I am a Nexus one user and a Noob, I have a question about app storage for Droid Incredible. Since Droid Incredible has internal memory, I like to know whether we can use that space for installing App. I understand that Droid incredible has 8 GB compares to Nexus One 512MB. Even on Froyo, my Nexus one has limited space for installing app and I am just curious how Droid Incredible handle it. Did Droid Incredible used its whole 8 GB for Apps or is its apps storage is as limited as Nexus one?
Thank.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible still only has 512MB of app storage. The rest of that 8GB goes to acting as internal storage for other things.
Really, on my Droid, I've been fine with what little storage they give me. But if you really need 8 gigs of app storage (overkill, IMHO), the X has it, and I think the Droid 2 will have it.

Bro-row

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Not that I am holding my breath or anything but won't froyo give us the option to download our applications to the SD card? I know it is not the internal storage we are talking about, but it is still a great option for somoene who is concerned about application storage.

arkarkwin

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Froyo does give us the option to move app to SD card. In my experience, only 4 apps out of 39 apps I installed give us the ability to move to SD option. And they were all app that use less than 1MB, expect for Pandora radio. I wish storage hungry apps like Adobe flash, Verizon remote, DVR manager, Amazon Kindle, and Dolphin browser to give us this ability. Independent developer usually enable this option but app from big companies usually don't.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Froyo does give us the option to move app to SD card. In my experience, only 4 apps out of 39 apps I installed give us the ability to move to SD option. And they were all app that use less than 1MB, expect for Pandora radio. I wish storage hungry apps like Adobe flash, Verizon remote, DVR manager, Amazon Kindle, and Dolphin browser to give us this ability. Independent developer usually enable this option but app from big companies usually don't.

If that is a feature you want, email them with feedback. If they know users want that feature, they will be more likely to spend the time to add it into their apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer