Does 2.2 update include an AAC audio codec fix?

MatthewG

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone know if the update to 2.2 includes a fix for Stagefright audio, allowing streaming of AAC audio (Pandora, Rhapsody, MOG music services worthless in 2.2 until streaming AAC audio files fixed).

sting0387

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Streaming pandora works fine for me except for 1 thing. I used to be able to use the nagivation system and listen to pandora at the same time. when the gps needed to speak, it would pause the music, say turn left, then resume the music. with 2.2 it no longer auto resumes the music. its a huge problem on 2.2 and no one has a fix for it

iamtone

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
on this note i wish 2.2 would allow you to play .aac music files on ur droid... i have somee flawless music files from my itunes i wanted to play on droid and it wont read it

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
on this note i wish 2.2 would allow you to play .aac music files on ur droid... i have somee flawless music files from my itunes i wanted to play on droid and it wont read it

Have you tried other music players available in the market place? They might be able to read them. I haven't used them but it's worth a shot on the free ones. I just the stock player for now.

iamtone

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried other music players available in the market place? They might be able to read them. I haven't used them but it's worth a shot on the free ones. I just the stock player for now.

yea i tried mizzing and btunes and doubletwist its the android software that doesnt allow that format playback i believe

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Streaming pandora works fine for me except for 1 thing. I used to be able to use the nagivation system and listen to pandora at the same time. when the gps needed to speak, it would pause the music, say turn left, then resume the music. with 2.2 it no longer auto resumes the music. its a huge problem on 2.2 and no one has a fix for it

I take it you're not using the OTA release of 2.2. If not, you still have hope that the official update will solve your problem.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're asking if the audio sounds good in Pandora, etc. on 3G, then I can confirm that, YES, it sounds good again. I know that in the 8/1 leak it sounded terrible and people were complaining. I can only assume it had to do with the type of audio file being used under 3G connections. I'm running the RUU and Pandora sounds great again. Also, there is an option for high quality or normal in the settings.

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm using Slacker and it pauses and resumes just as it did previously when I'm using navigation....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch