Update or not update?

willben123#AC

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I have been waiting for this froyo with impatience for a week now. How stupid as it sounds, it has monopolized mybrain cells. I don't know what ram my brain has or what kind of processor and definitaly dos not have a talk killer which I could use at times but this OTA wait have had me hanging. I don't know abymore if I have to be excited avout it or not anymore. I read a lot of excitment and a lot of disappointment after installing it. Which is true,which is not I don't know. Something I'm confused of is when I will get it and how long will it take to get it. It used to be a week and now I'm reading it could take up to a month. Who think knows those answers please tell me???

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit that if I could go back to 2.1 I think I would.... main problem is the battery. Takes three times as long to charge and discharges twice as fast it seems.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I say hang in there man. It was very apparent they increased the push this week. I would be constantly checkin my phone every few hours to see if I got it. Then when I wasn't prepared for it, it showed up. It's only minor changes man, you're not missing a whole lot. You'll get it soon I'm sure ;)

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I received my ota last night after reverting back to stock 2.1 and back to s-on. I have to say I am much happier with the performance of this ota than the leaks. No fc's or application issues I had with leaks.

I may have lost root, at least for the time being, but that's not a deal breaker.

Oh. And my battery charged from dead to 100% in 2 hours and has gone 12 hours and is currently at 20% with some texting, a bit of sling box and other light to medium usage, which with the 8/1 leak which i had until yesterday would die by 8 hours.

Sent from my DInc using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did the update.zip(that was posted on forum) got tired of waiting for vzw to send it to me in the system update, so....its too random how its sent out to people's phones.
Yeah I am happy with 2.2 I like being able to save apps to SD card(all apps aren't confiqured yet to be but, guess more will be ).
Battery life and charging are about the same (too close to call if different)
I like the flashlight,
Ablity to use hotspot ( although probably won't since its not free on stock OS).
Having full ver. of flash10.1(ver10.1.92.8).
If anything faster web browsing(def. not slower)
:D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89