Calendar Sync Questions

CKFreaky

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere, but I've been unable to find these specific issues by searching the site...

I know that my phone automatically updates:
- FB Events to my phone calendar.
- Events from my phone to my Gmail acct.

Is there anyway to get it to automatically (or the less desirable option ? manually) update:
- FB updates to my Gmail acct? (This is obviously not a phone function, but a FB app.)
- Update my Gmail acct to my phone?
*This is what I really want to be able to do; manage all of my events via my Gmail calendar. I would think that this would be an automatic considering everything else that has been updated! Maybe it is and my acct just isn?t updating it. I?ve done the whole adding of my phone to my Gmail acct, but it doesn?t seem to have changed anything.

Any assist would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really sure what you are asking here. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

What exactly do you want updated? On my Dinc, If i am using gmail on my computer, and I delete emails, they instantly disappear off the phone. They are synced together. Make sure you have account sync turned on. Settings > accounts and sync > and check auto sync. If you use the power widget, just tap the sync circle.

As far as Facebook, go to the settings from a computer and use your gmail account for notifications. I TURN OFF syncing for facebook, as it never works right for me anyway in the accounts & sync menu mentioned above. to turn on or off syncing for each account, just tap the account and select what you want or don't want synced. If things are syncing with your gmail and calendar, I would suggest going to accounts & sync, tapping google and checking all three boxes. You will see the little sync circles next to each account. If they are green they are set to sync. If they are grey they are turned off.

Hope this helps, as I think this is what you were asking for.

CKFreaky

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Actually I am referring to setting up calendar events in my Gmail Calendar acct as a main tool. It will not automatically update to my phone as I thought that it would when I got the phone and added my number to my Gmail acct. I can only auto update from my phone to my Gmail calendar.

As a secondary possibility (which I know this is a stretch), I was hoping that there might be a Gmail FB app that would add FB events to my Gmail calendar. I've search, but haven't found anything. I'll have to look elsewhere for this most likely.

I haven't had any issues with the FB to phone event app. You just have to manually add reminders to all of your events. With this being said, is there a way to send these FB events to your Gmail calendar from your phone? Maybe that would solve the second part of my issue.

Thanks!!

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it can do that. In the Accounts & sync, click facebook, and check the calender box. It should add your facebook calendar to your gmail calendar. Same thing with gmail. you just have to check the box for calendar under gmail in accounts & sync. I use the HTC sense calendar widget on my home screen and it syncs everything. I think you just don't have sync turned on.

I don't want to ask stupid questions, but is your data turned on, either 3g or wifi? it won't sync if it can't connect.

The calendar is one of the BIGGEST reasons I have the phone. My wife lives by google calendar, and she added my email to her calendar, so I always know what is going on, and I have no excuse for not knowing what's going on.

Let me know what your Accounts & Sync settings look like.

CKFreaky

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I had everything set up correctly for the Gmail Calendar, but for whatever reason it just wouldn't work. I went into a store today and they said the only thing they could suggest would be to reset it to factory settings (ugh!). I did and it is now syncing everything back and forth to the Gmail Calendar with no issues.

Are you using FB for HTC Sense? When I go to sync there is no option for Calendar. There are only options for Live Feed & Contacts. There is also an option to edit settings, but it is limited to an update schedule. I'm still getting events that I accept added to my phone calendar.

Is there a way to link FB to Gmail or your Gmail Calendar? I've been searching, but I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks again!

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. I've gone in to check the settings and you're right, the calendar is NOT an option. I know it used to be. Hmm. I will check, and when I find something I will post again. I know it used to sync my FB calendar events and I didn't like it, so I turned it off. I wonder if this changed with the 2.2 update. I'll find out.