Help! My phone won't boot!

BMWPower06

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, so I pushed the power and volume down keys at the same time to see what would come up and now everytime I try to boot the phone it just gets stuck at the HTC incredible screen and I can't do anything. It won't boot and I have to pull the battery to restart it! Please help me fix this, what did I do?!

Thanks,

Matt

BMWPower06

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok now this is weird...The phone will boot, however, It will not recognize my SD card in the slot. I've removed and re-inserted it several times but the phone won't recognize it. I've gone to settings and SD & Phone storage and under mount SD card it says "insert an SD card for mounting" whats going on? please help

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You can try data recovery software. I had the SAME issue. The generic cards these days. I had to exchange my SD card. VZW gave me a new one.

BMWPower06

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Damn it, I just put the card into my PC and it won't recognize it. This totally sucks I have no idea how the card got corrupt but now I'm going to lose all of the data on it...

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
OK, Are you rooted? What ROM are you running? How long is it getting hung up? Please help us help you.

BMWPower06

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm unrooted and running the latest VZW update on 2.2. I just put another SD card into my phone and it booted fine and the phone recognized it. The problem i'm having now seems to be completely caused by the SD card. I'm willing to reformat it and lose all my pictures and data etc but my computer won't even recognize the SD card when I plug it in to try and reformat it. It says to insert a disc and try again. Is there anyway to save this SD card or is it just totally fried?

Thanks.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup, fried, take it in. VZW gave me a 10 year warranty name brand class 4 card for my generic one. Total 60 dollar upgrade. VZW treats us right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty