Can I seperate podcasts from music?

igotadroid

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to add podcasts to my droid. Is there any way to do that so its separate from my music files? I don't want a podcast coming on if I shuffle my songs for instance.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use Google listen it downloads the podcast into a different folder that the music app doesn't track.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They are added in along with any other music you have when you just try to play everything. Your best bet would be to make playlists for you music and perhaps a separate one for podcasts.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Get Doggcatcher. I'm dead serious this is the best $8 dollars I have ever spent on a single app. (If your really into podcasts.)

It can download your podcasts for you directly to the phone. Unfortunately it doesn't prevent other apps from seeing your podcasts, which means they you will continue to see them when your using your music app. With doggcatcher you don't even need your music app to listen to podcasts simply because it has it's own player built in.

This is by far the most used app on my phone.

I can't recommend this app enough.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Put your podcast into a different folder than the rest of your music. In your podcast folder, put a blank file and name it .nomedia (make sure you remove any other suffix file type). This will force you media player to not look for media in that folder. To play the podcast you will have to use a file manager to navigate to the file you want to listen to.

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
+1 google listen

looks like google listen stores downloads as an alternate file type which your music player may not associate with

also the convenience of managing your listen subscriptions at reader.google.com

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree with using a separate app for podcasts. The only problem with Listen is that it doesn't support video podcasts, but that's not a huge problem for me. Using a separate app means not having to sync to iTunes or whatever every day. I don't even use iTunes anymore.