Continuous reboots

msm_portata

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a DInc running 2.2. I have never rooted it or mucked with the OS other than installing the OTA 2.2 upgrade.

Last night, the power ran out, and the DInc powered down. I hooked it up to recharge. After a few hours, the recharge light went green, as usual.

The DI now powers up and goes through the boot sequence to point with the ?eye?. It displays the eye for about half a minute then reboots and goes through the sequence again and again each time pausing on the eye for about half a minute. I pulled and replaced the battery but got the same result. I used the volume rocker/power button to select reboot but got the same results. I selected the recover option but that just displays a red triangle with an exclamation point, which I am guessing is a bad thing.

Any ideas what I should do? I would hate to have to wipe it and re-install all of my apps, mail, etc.

msm_portata

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store. The gal there was pleasant but said that not even a factory reset would fix the problem, so she ordered me a replacement (under warranty). Since the old Dinc was a brick, I decided to try clear the phone memory. That did the trick. It boots up OK now but all my apps are gone. Interestingly, the old camera images and other app-specific files were still on the phone and the SD card was untouched. (I should have removed the SD card before the wipe just in case. D'oh)

I had synced my apps with Appbrain in case my DInc died, but that was a total waste. Now, I will just have to try to remember all of my apps and reload them.

onefortheroad

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me. I did a factory reset. It did wipe everything but I reinstalled appbrain and had all my apps on there. I just lost some pics and settings but mostly everything was on my SD so I got lucky.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member