Broken Camcorder

msoc14

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My camcorder does not work when I try to record things. The camera works until I try recording video, then the camera stops working when i just want to take a picture. My phone has also been slower lately and recently was set back to factory reset by a Verizon store because it kept cycling through the "htc and droid eye" pictures when I tried to turn it on. Once it was reset the video recording worked for a little but now it doesn't work already. :'(

Mei

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Mei -

Check and see where your video is being stored - if it's being stored on the SD Card - try moving them to the internal memory in the camera settings.

Good luck.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just for future reference if you make it past the droid eye, you don't have to go to the verizon store and get your phone set back to factory settings. Just go to:

1. Settings
  2. SD & Phone Storage
  3. Factory data reset

Make sure to back up any data before doing a factory reset. (You lose all data doing so.)

There is a another method of doing a more, I guess through reset. It typically involves holding some of the out side buttons during a reboot. Sounds to me that's what verizon did. (I've read about it, but have never done it.)

What size of SD card do you have in the phone? What resolution are you recording your video too? As this been happening since day 1?

msoc14

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
@ PvilleComp, I checked and changed it to Phone Storage and it still did not work, but thanks!

@bigk, ok thanks I will keep that in mind. I have a 16GB sd card with almost 9GB left. I recorded in 720p (1280 x 720). No this started around a month or two ago. I did buy the extended battery from Android Central around this time also, so I tried switching back to my normal battery but it still didn't work.

If I even switch to video mode the camera stops working and I have to turn off my phone for it to work with just pictures again.

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you installed any new software that can control the camera or camcorder? The camera/camcorder in my girls d2 stopped working for weeks and I couldn't figure it out. Finally I deleted a couple apps, namely the vigenetti app and everything worked again.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you recording to the internal memory or the SD Card? It COULD be a faulty SD Card if your recording to the card. I've heard they do die over time just like a hard drive. What was the card purchase?

But it almost sounds like you got a faulty phone in general. When did you receive the phone? I know there was a thread a while back mentioning that that this guy return and exchanged his htc incredible like 9 times or some thing like that. As if verizon got a bad batch of phones. He finally got one of the incredibles with the amoled screen and all was well.

I believe the bad batch was with some of the incredibles with the SLCD screens.

Also the battery really shouldn't have any effect when it comes to the camera.

msoc14

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
hmmm, the only app I have that is close to using the camera is Quickpic, but I'm pretty sure the problem started before I downloaded that but i'm not sure. I am recording to an SD Card. WHat do you mean what was the card purchase? I tried switching it to record to internal memory but it didn't work. Is there a way to check if my SD card is faulty?

I agree, I think it is my phone. It seems like it is starting to wear down a bit. I got it last summer in July, but I am pretty sure it has an Amoled screen.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
When was the SD Card purchased? What Brand was it? Also how much? Some people are selling sd cards on ebay WAY UNDER priced for what they go for on retail simply because they are faulty to begin with. I dont know of a way to check if a card is faulty, the only way i would know is if it didnt work period.

What happens when you try and record to the internal memory? (Is the internal memory full?)

Swampchicken2000

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My camcorder does not work when I try to record things. The camera works until I try recording video, then the camera stops working when i just want to take a picture. My phone has also been slower lately and recently was set back to factory reset by a Verizon store because it kept cycling through the "htc and droid eye" pictures when I tried to turn it on. Once it was reset the video recording worked for a little but now it doesn't work already. :'(

Mei

Not sure if give tried this but go to your camcorder then go to options> settings> recording length> no limit. Mine stopped every time I tried using it as well, then I noticed it was on the 2 mb limit...doh lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty