Landscape video recording problem...

suep19

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
Help
I've search everywhere for the answer and can't find it

So when recording in landscape on video, my Samsung s21fe records fine but despite me looking direct into the camera, it shows me looking to the right away from the screen, very off putting
I've tried other video recording apps but they are the same suggesting it's a phone issue

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, are you asking what the difference is between the selfie cam and the rear camera, or are you saying you're not sure what difference it would make if it was the selfie cam vs the rear camera?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what a selfie cam or rear is

The selfie camera is the one on the front that points towards you if you're looking at the screen. It's meant for selfie pics/videos where you can make sure your framing and such are correct. I'm guessing this is the one you're using since you mention looking to the right of the screen. The rear camera is just that, the camera(s) on the back of the phone that aim away from the user.

So when you're taking video, you are looking directly at the camera lens the arrow is pointing to in the attached image?

Attachments

• IMG_20240203_080511.jpg
    IMG_20240203_080511.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: B. Diddy

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what a selfie cam or rear is
The selfie cam is on the front - top center of the screen. The one used to take selfies while the screen shows everything back to you like a mirror.

The rear camera is on the back - the three glass holes on that raised protrusion.

If using the front camera like for video calls, Teams or Zoom meetings, people tend to look at themselves on the screen. Usually it's to look at everyone else, but when talking, they're still looking at the screen. To everyone else, they are looking off to the side because the actual camera is on the side of the screen in landscape. I try to look right at the camera hole when I'm speaking.

If using the main rear cameras, make sure you are looking at the right one. As I said, there are three. One main camera, a telephoto, and a super-wide angle. They may only be about a half-inch apart from each other, but the parallax difference could be enough to be noticeable if you are close enough and not looking at the right one.

I believe the main camera is the middle one. It'll switch cameras if you zoom in or go wide at certain points.

Mooncatt beat me to the explanation, but the posted image should help visualize.

Last edited:

suep19

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
It's the selfie cam, so when I look at the middle of the screen I appear to be looking off at an angle, so I need to look at the location of the small camera to my left then
Thanks I'll give that a try

Reactions: B. Diddy

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It's the selfie cam, so when I look at the middle of the screen I appear to be looking off at an angle, so I need to look at the location of the small camera to my left then
Yes. That should do it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Exactly! :D In your original post, you had specifically said that you were looking directly into the camera, so that threw me off a little -- I'm guessing you meant that you were looking directly at the center of the screen, rather than the selfie camera punchhole.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter