help with flashing CWM via odin

geckotm

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
i have a Samsung Fascinate that i am trying to update, and was attempting to flash CWM via odin, but got an error 'E: can't chown/mod /system/bin/su (no such file or directory). I was thinking that i had originally rooted this fascinate via odin, but now i'm thinking i had used the one click method. The attempt left me unrooted, and i went back in using old directions and my old files, and tried to reroot. The only problem i had is installing su. It gave me an error saying here was no more room on the disk. Everything appeared to be rooted again, but nothing would work. I am thinking that i should have unrooted first via my old methods, and then flashed CWM. At this point i'm trying to figure out how to gain root and update. My other fascinate was successfully flashed via odin and is at 2.3.5. I'm thinking it may be easy, and maybe i have to take it back to stock first (i reset to factory default using clockwork)
Help? (i know, my class status means i shouldn't be messing with the big boy stuff)

Thanks

geckotm

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
ok, my theory is i've screwed up a couple files preventing me from using clockwork recovery to update my phone, so i'm thinking i need to get it back to stock and essentially start from scratch, but the link here from DroidXcon for DI01package3.tar is a dead end, and i'm not finding a good one anywhere else. Where can i get a file to flash through odin that will get me back to stock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38