Removal of Bing + Car Home

pattont

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got my wife a Samsung Fascinate. I am DroidX man myself with 2.2 Root. I just got her phone updated/rooted/and de-ballmer'd. I don't really care anything about car home, but I know she will like to use it. Anyone seen a way to fix the default one? I know google released the car home for the D1 and the Nexus1 but nothing for any other phones. I can't believe Verizon is so hard up for cash and Bing is so hard up for search hits that the consumer has to suffer, but I don't want to open that can of worms.

Anyone got a working car home that has removed bing?

Bellztoll

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I second the last post; downloaded that last nite, and it works like a charm. You get to customize the shortcuts, plus there is a digital speedometer, and compass heading to boot.
I moved the stock car home to my SD card, and renamed a copy of the custom one to carhome.apk; we shall see when i put it in the dock if it automatically starts that one instead....

zachchen1996

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got my wife a Samsung Fascinate. I am DroidX man myself with 2.2 Root. I just got her phone updated/rooted/and de-ballmer'd. I don't really care anything about car home, but I know she will like to use it. Anyone seen a way to fix the default one? I know google released the car home for the D1 and the Nexus1 but nothing for any other phones. I can't believe Verizon is so hard up for cash and Bing is so hard up for search hits that the consumer has to suffer, but I don't want to open that can of worms.

Anyone got a working car home that has removed bing?

Actually there is a way to get the stock car application to use google maps and all the other google stuff but you have to flash a custom rom called the Super Clean DI01 + AOSP apps ROM. To flash it you must first install clockwork and rom manager and stuff. the link to where you can download the zip is here.
[ROM] Super Clean DI01 + AOSP apps - xda-developers

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a car dock for christmas, please let us know if this worked!

Edit: Nevermind I got it working. In namebrandon's post "Stock (Non-Verizon) Car Dock App" the linked apk works great!

I moved out the original apk with root explorer and replaced it with the linked cardock.apk and voila!; Everything routes through google services.

Last edited: