rooted, now what?

Hbc.ciccone

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
so, I used the super one click 1.5 to root my samsung fascinate (verizon). I've read a lot about how it "enhances" many things. So, now im rooted and have allowed the SU. I'd like to remove a bunch of the apps i never have and never will use on my phone. Can i do that now that im rooted? I was under the impression i could have permissions to delete the protected apps. Also I hate bing and want google search, whats my next step? Any help on this, or a better root method to allow me these permissions would be great. Thanks.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
To be a little more specific, you can't just delete these types of applications. You have to use a file manager, such as Root Explorer. Using this app you can rename, relocate, or completely remove those apps you wish to. Do however follow the list of apps that are safe to remove to avoid any problems!

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok I see your a rooting newbie like me, let me give you a little advice. I did the one click root and it went well. So I made a folder called "bloatware" on my SD card and followed the advice in the stickies about safe apps to remove. Know what? It did nothing. Battery life was still bad. Phone didnt seem like it changed at all. So finally I went for broke. Did the Clockworkmod first then took the plunge and installed JT's clean ROM and the stupid fast kernel from Geeknik. There is advice all over here how to do it and frankly its easy. I also dumped TouchWiz and went to Launcher Pro. Result? The phone is silly fast, looks alot cooler, and the battery life is alot better. Hey you already rooted so your on the darkside why hold back? You just bought a racecar but your in the left lane doing 20MPH with you blinker on, let that puppy go!

Hbc.ciccone

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I did some more digging and realized that renaming didnt do much. However im debinged and googlized. Launcherpro is nice, not gonna dump TW yet. Using dolphin browser. batt life for me has never been an issue. All in all ive done what I set out to do. We'll see whats next when 2.2 is available, unless im missing something and it already is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38