ROM DL09 available at xda now

Status
Not open for further replies.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm running with this rom on my phone now. The only difference I've noticed in a few hours is the WiFi performance. I never got great speeds from WiFi when I was on the top floor of my house (router in the basement) . Now with this rom WiFi is wicked fast all over my house.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
How aggressive is the de-bloat? Normal vzw apks or along the lines of JT clean? Kind of thinking I need BT control back with Nuance.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Cory, what will you be using to flash back to stock? I'm planning the same thing this weekend - currently on stock DJ05 with adrynalyne's 12/12 kernel, but not sure if I should use dirrk's method in sticky or adrynalyne's full odin flash on xda. Any tips/preference? :confused: Appreciate the help.

He will either use a Nandroid backup from stock or
[ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers
Which will bring you completely back to stock as if it was out of the box, this process will take a couple of minutes including the download, extremely easy

Odin - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin Files/Odin3 v1.3.exe

Stock 2.1- [ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers

Steps:
1. Pull battery from device
2. Open odin on desktop
3. Hold volume down button and plug device into computer
-This will place the device into download mode
4. Verify device shows up in odin
5. Click "PDA" button in odin (Never phone Area)
6. Select 2.1 file i just provided from where you downloaded it
7. Click "Start"
8. Enjoy your fixed /system partition!

you will be unrooted and fully bloated DI01 after flash. Good for returning to stock, or fixing your breaks.

I haven't had a spare second of time to think about this since I've been at CES, but yeah I figured one of the 2 methods above. However, there are radios involved and crap, so I need to make sure I don't screw anything up by doing this.

Reactions: nigelengr

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a spare second of time to think about this since I've been at CES, but yeah I figured one of the 2 methods above. However, there are radios involved and crap, so I need to make sure I don't screw anything up by doing this.

The full odin flash , includes radio, rom and kernel, if you feel uncomfortable trying it cory ill do it so you dont have to waste time looking for a fix if it does mess anything up , im using DJ05 radio , and same kernel as you .....i was going to wait to hear how good this update is, but ill take one for the team lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Ok so i tried to do a nandroid back to stock from DJ05 and the rom works and you can make calls but it still had the DJ05 radio and kernel. also it didnt bring back boot animation....

i did the full odin to DI01 and it worked great went back to DI01 radio and build and the boot animation was back the only thing that was strange was that i could no longer root using the batch file no matter what i did i couldnt get it to work. so i ended up sideloading Z4root and worked like a charm.

i had 3 Nandroid backups each took 9 minutes... the odin flash took 4 minutes... just fun facts there. Good luck

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so i tried to do a nandroid back to stock from DJ05 and the rom works and you can make calls but it still had the DJ05 radio and kernel. also it didnt bring back boot animation....

i did the full odin to DI01 and it worked great went back to DI01 radio and build and the boot animation was back the only thing that was strange was that i could no longer root using the batch file no matter what i did i couldnt get it to work. so i ended up sideloading Z4root and worked like a charm.

i had 3 Nandroid backups each took 9 minutes... the odin flash took 4 minutes... just fun facts there. Good luck

Thanks for doing that!

nigelengr

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Cory/DroidXCon. I was planning to use those links for the full D101 restore by adrynalyne as it seemed easy. I had to use some complete method because I didn't have a nandroid backup of stock (it was somehow corrupted). Good to know that it still left the DJ05 radio and kernel for future. Will do the full flash later tonight (don't want to go too long without good GPS lock times. :p

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
what????? i dont get it. did you pull out a pollyester shirt from the way back machine too

:p

Seems as though new members are finding really old, obscure threads to do their first post so they can download things. Could be because they don't want to hijack a current thread with a post just to get their first post in. Hopefully we can get all the new members to place their first post here and introduce themselves:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate/66120-new-fascinate-forum-say-hello.html

Status
Not open for further replies.