Ok another question

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok I downloaded the DJ05 stock and kernel and radio. Now I want to try JT stupid fast kernel and was wanting to know if I have to go back to the stock kernel to flash it or if I can just do it from the DJ05 one????

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I downloaded the DJ05 stock and kernel and radio. Now I want to try JT stupid fast kernel and was wanting to know if I have to go back to the stock kernel to flash it or if I can just do it from the DJ05 one????

as long as you have cwm installed, you can flash whatever you want, rooted or not.

Reactions: brackett5

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
With kernels you can just flash over the top of the old one. No need to go back to factory stock. You said your on DJ05? Make sure the kernel you flash is DJ09 or DL09 or you will loose haptic feedback.

zombie1991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Geeknik makes the Stupid Fast kernels. But also, he's not making any more. I'll recommend Jt's 12/30 test non voodoo for now. Been using it for over a week now and love it. Battery life is great. You can get by downloading ROM Manager and then going to Sonofskywalker3 and find kernels. It's in there.

I also use SuperDarkDJ05 ROM. So far the best combo "I've" found. Plus the Aperature Science boot/shutdown animation also found in Sonofskywalker3 in ROM Manager. As a gamer with gamer kids, even my kids LOVE hearing GLaDOS when booting and shutting down.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana