Is this possible with rooting?

Mike D#AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
First let me say I am new to this concept of rooting. There are 3 things I want to accomplish and want to make sure that this is possible. 1. I want my desk cradle not to shine like the Luxor hotel at night (I am a former motorola droid user and loved the dimness at night in clock mode). 2. Same concept with the car cradle- want my google nav instead of the pay for vz nav. 3. Finally, access to the mobile hotspot without paying the verizon charges. Can this be accomplished with rooting? If so, any recommendations?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
First let me say I am new to this concept of rooting. There are 3 things I want to accomplish and want to make sure that this is possible. 1. I want my desk cradle not to shine like the Luxor hotel at night (I am a former motorola droid user and loved the dimness at night in clock mode). 2. Same concept with the car cradle- want my google nav instead of the pay for vz nav. 3. Finally, access to the mobile hotspot without paying the verizon charges. Can this be accomplished with rooting? If so, any recommendations?

first you should not use the fascinate as a clock at night this will end up with "Burn in " if you want to use it as a clock at night there is an app somewhere that has the clock bounce around the screen,, thats what you want...and if you want to dim it you can use it in combo with an app called privacy filter

Wifi tethering is possible with root, but if you are doing it on froyo it is not recommended as they may be able to track you more easily

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
first you should not use the fascinate as a clock at night this will end up with "Burn in " if you want to use it as a clock at night there is an app somewhere that has the clock bounce around the screen,, thats what you want...and if you want to dim it you can use it in combo with an app called privacy filter

Wifi tethering is possible with root, but if you are doing it on froyo it is not recommended as they may be able to track you more easily

Not so dan. Desktop cradle plus or just thr aosp desktop cradle dims at night very dim everything goes black except the time which turns green. The time also changes postion every couple of minutes. I am not a fan of the sammy clock for the reason you mentioned.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I use Alarm Clock Plus V2. It's like the AOSP or OG Droid Style desk mode but with a lot of other little customization features. Plus you don't have those ******edly stupid touch sensitive buttons glaring at you like they do when the samsung cradle goes into screensaver mode.

Reactions: Mike D#AC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89