EB01 Kernel vs. EB16 Kernel, any advantages disadvantages?

therent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Got a few questions.
I upgraded to 2.6 SC over the weekend via CWM. Everything's working great so far, battery life could be a bit better but other than that I have no complaints.

I went from 2.4 SC via Odin, to 2.5 in CWM, then to 2.6 so i should still be running the EB01 kernel correct?

If this is so, should i flash the EB16 kernel or just hang with what i have now, are there any advantages, upgrades? better battery, performance etc?

currently running
baseband S:i500.04 V.eb01
kernel version 2.6.32.9
build version sch-i500.eb01

Thanks all !!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Got a few questions.
I upgraded to 2.6 SC over the weekend via CWM. Everything's working great so far, battery life could be a bit better but other than that I have no complaints.

I went from 2.4 SC via Odin, to 2.5 in CWM, then to 2.6 so i should still be running the EB01 kernel correct?

If this is so, should i flash the EB16 kernel or just hang with what i have now, are there any advantages, upgrades? better battery, performance etc?

currently running
kernel version 2.6.32.9

Thanks all !!!
are you running wifi tether,,, do you have honeycomb bootanimation?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Got a few questions.

currently running
kernel version 2.6.32.9

Thanks all !!!

A couple of the more experienced members are trying out the EB16 kernel to see if there is any difference from the EB01 kernel other than the wifi tethering. We should get some answers in a couple of days. Too early to tell yet, I believe the kernel was just put out yesterday.

Reactions: therent

ktez

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Wi-Fi tether?

Can anybody explain about the Wi-Fi tether for me? I am running sc 2.6 right now, I don't use Wi-Fi tether very often but I do need to have it available for doing schoolwork if I'm away from home. Can I use Barnacle or wireless tether with this or do I need the EB16 kernel? Isn't there a dummy tether in sc2.6 that makes it safe to use? I'm a little confused about this whole thing, I would appreciate if someone could clear it up for me. Thank you!

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
tethering should still be done at your own risk... the new EB16 kernel is supposed to be a solution to the snooping problem, but still no one knows for sure yet.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Can anybody explain about the Wi-Fi tether for me? I am running sc 2.6 right now, I don't use Wi-Fi tether very often but I do need to have it available for doing schoolwork if I'm away from home. Can I use Barnacle or wireless tether with this or do I need the EB16 kernel? Isn't there a dummy tether in sc2.6 that makes it safe to use? I'm a little confused about this whole thing, I would appreciate if someone could clear it up for me. Thank you!

I use Barnacle wifi tether occasionally. Haven't had any problems. Speeds are good too. 1.86 MB/s download. I'm running SC 2.6, atm.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
tethering thru phone or wifi..

I use Barnacle wifi tether occasionally. Haven't had any problems. Speeds are good too. 1.86 MB/s download. I'm running SC 2.6, atm.

I just flashed my Fascinate to the EB01 dotexed/debloated EB01 and when i looked i saw tethering but mine said thru USB. this Fascinate does not have a mini HDMI port..

my question about the tethering is if i am on a trip and carry my laptop how woulld i use tethering .. it looks to be simple
but prob has more nooks n turns unknown.

Verizon would not be able to tract this phone allowing my laptop to run online.
correct? or help more if you can as i do enter an area where the cell signal is stout but no wifi or connections,, a thought to whirl my brain. thx

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I flashed to sc 2.6, then flashed the eb16 kernel. How can I tell if I am on eb16 and not eb01? The kernel version looks the same?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It always will ...when you flashed the kernel did the screen bug out with blue letters?
I flashed to sc 2.6, then flashed the eb16 kernel. How can I tell if I am on eb16 and not eb01? The kernel version looks the same?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
My experience with the EB16 (dummy tether) kernel was fair... I did not have any issues with tethering. There were some hangs with the use of the phone that I did not experience with the EB01. One of my coworkers is still continuing to use without many complaints..

I have opted out and will stick with EB01.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I never had any issues with it so I'll probably try to install the EB16 kernel over 2.9 since that annoying hiss while on a call is present with the EB01 kernel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya