[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

tarzanboy

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Your ROM flashing is instruction is SO MUCH EASIER to understand then the "walk through" from XDA. Thank you so much. I was getting sick of the 2.1. Just updated to 2.2.

Ricon0820

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
what root does everyone recommend

I'm going to root my phone but would like to get everyones opinions on the roots that are out there because I'm a newb when it comes to rooting my phone. Thanks in advance.

shadow2398

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I hate to say it, but I've tried everything and looked everywhere (including searches) for an answer to my issue; but when I try 1 click root, I keep getting Error: Device Offline. I've reinstalled all my drivers for the phone, and rebooted it as well. any ideas on how to fix it?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I hate to say it, but I've tried everything and looked everywhere (including searches) for an answer to my issue; but when I try 1 click root, I keep getting Error: Device Offline. I've reinstalled all my drivers for the phone, and rebooted it as well. any ideas on how to fix it?

Do you have USB Debugging turned on? Does your computer see the phone properly? Have you installed the Samsung drivers on your pc yet?

shadow2398

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
yes, that is all I've tried so far, I've gotten everything to work up until it goes to actually root the phone. It looks like adb sees my device fine, but it appears offline, is there any way to fix that, or would trying a different method be simpler?

here is a screenshot of what I see:

2nbzvw6.jpg

edit: wow you guys are fast responding, I really appreciate that.

Last edited:

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
yes, that is all I've tried so far, I've gotten everything to work up until it goes to actually root the phone. It looks like adb sees my device fine, but it appears offline, is there any way to fix that, or would trying a different method be simpler?

What do you mean exactly that adb sees your device? Have you tried the adb method for rooting?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/66762-samsung-fascinate-rooting-eb01-return-stock-remove-system-apps-other-how.html#post699908 post #4

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

here is a screenshot of what I see:

2nbzvw6.jpg

Again:

Do you have USB Debugging turned on? Does your computer see the phone properly? Have you installed the Samsung drivers on your pc yet?

shadow2398

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
debugging is on, I can mount the sd card as a drive if I wish (but I don't as per instructions), and all the drivers are installed properly.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Your computer cannot see your phone. If the phone is turned on and the correct drivers are in place this should not be happening. Have you changed usb ports?

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
ok all you beautiful minds out there i have mad 2 nandroids and i would like to restore 1 to see that it restores properly jsut to make sure i have my "save point" in the fascinate game for when i get to the harder levels haha so am i needing to do anything special before restoring a nandroid clear or wipe anything ? and if it happens to get jacked up am i just doing a batt pull and going to hook up via usb to yellow dl triangle to fix or ? i wanna know all my options first and im having a fun time trying to find the info i am looking for and if there is just a link to a read all thread for the restore im glad to read just needing help thanks to all u genius fascinate minds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38