All of a sudden, Google Calendar app has disappeared...

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if this has happened to them? Running Superclean 2.9.2 with NitroDark theme on my Samsung Fascinate. I know it was there before and I've had SuperClean 2.9.2 on my phone now for weeks. How can I get the calendar app back on? Tried to go to the android market to see if I could just download it, but no dice. Thanks.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Did the calendar disappear after you flashed the theme? If so reflash your 2.9.2 zip and see if your calendar shows back up.. If so then reflash your theme.. and see if it disappears. If so, restart the same process but redownload the .zip for your theme, and try flashing that..

Reactions: MegaSoundwave76

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The calendar was there after flashing 2.9.2. I've had NitroDark for about a week and today I noticed my calendar not there. Just weird. I ended up just doing a restore from a back up file I had stored. Thanks.

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i am currently having the exact same issue, now when you did a restore did you do it from titanium back up or a nandroid back if not please explain and thank you

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i am currently having the exact same issue, now when you did a restore did you do it from titanium back up or a nandroid back if not please explain and thank you

I think what littlwing is saying to soundwaves is to reflash the rom you are currently running so the rom will be installed over your theme that you are running, this shouldn't delete any of your data.

Reactions: Vraholic

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Nandroid Backup that I had. However, it was back to a Superclean 2.9.2 file before I had put on the NitroDark theme. After reboot, I had lost a bunch of text messages and stuff that I had and my Gmail app was way out of sync with Gmail servers. I cleared the data and Gmail is working flawless again. Basically back to just the stock SC 2.9.2 look right now. I'll put NitroDark back on there when I get the chance.

Reactions: Vraholic

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Problem with a nandroid backup is it restores everything to the exact condition it was in at the time you created the nandroid backup. So any text messages between then and now, any apps you added, and new contacts you added will be lost unless you backed all those up separately with the appropriate apps or programs, then restored them after restoring the nandroid.

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys very much.im confused as to what causes this the phone will be fine for a few days and then all of a sudden the screen goes blank one day and the lights stay on and it reboots and then the phone comes back to life and no calendar. Its like clockwork I dont get it

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Suggestions anyone? Please

That's pretty weird. Maybe try reflashing the ROM again and seeing if that keeps it from doing it again. I know I had some weird rebooting issues on Superclean 2.9.2 and I reflashed the ROM via Odin to help with that and it made it work better. You could try that.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Problem with a nandroid backup is it restores everything to the exact condition it was in at the time you created the nandroid backup. So any text messages between then and now, any apps you added, and new contacts you added will be lost unless you backed all those up separately with the appropriate apps or programs, then restored them after restoring the nandroid.

Thanks! Yeah, that's what screwed me up that time. I forgot to put Titanium Backup when this went down on my phone and I was just in a rush to get the calendar back. LOL

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok how do you perform a nandroid back up? is it when you go to cwm and hit the theme really has the features i love back up/restore? the reason why i ask is because the theme has features i love like the alarm clock which i need since the stock alarm clock does not work, and several widgets as well as the different lock screens. the phone every so often keeps resetting itself and im almost to the point of just going back to stock because the resetting and calendar dissapering is a bit much thanks in advance

Last edited:

Vraholic

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ive tried reflashing the rom and theme and problem still occurs im only using the theme because it has the alarm clock that i use.so i cant take your advise and just flash rom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty