Voodoo fix actually making phone slower?

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
So this is a strange one. I've tested this quite a bit with my phone, and I keep coming to the same conclusion. When I have Voodoo enabled, I get these little pauses or hiccups when I'm using the phone. It seems like its an I/O problem, where the system is waiting for the disk.

For example: Open messages and it sits there with a blank screen for 3-4 seconds, then the texts appear. I use QuickPic for images, and when sliding between pics if you don't wait a good 2-3 seconds before going to the next one it will lag, like its having trouble loading the next file.

My Quadrant scores are on for voodoo, like 1400's. So the fix is definitely enabled. Disabling voodoo eliminates this problem completely; every time. I've tried clearing cache's and fixing permisisons in CWM.

Right now I'm running the EC01 ROM that Adry posted, with JT's latest kernel (4.15), no theme added. But I have had this problem for a long time, even with EB01.

Any ideas?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So this is a strange one. I've tested this quite a bit with my phone, and I keep coming to the same conclusion. When I have Voodoo enabled, I get these little pauses or hiccups when I'm using the phone. It seems like its an I/O problem, where the system is waiting for the disk.

For example: Open messages and it sits there with a blank screen for 3-4 seconds, then the texts appear. I use QuickPic for images, and when sliding between pics if you don't wait a good 2-3 seconds before going to the next one it will lag, like its having trouble loading the next file.

My Quadrant scores are on for voodoo, like 1400's. So the fix is definitely enabled. Disabling voodoo eliminates this problem completely; every time. I've tried clearing cache's and fixing permisisons in CWM.

Right now I'm running the EC01 ROM that Adry posted, with JT's latest kernel (4.15), no theme added. But I have had this problem for a long time, even with EB01.

Any ideas?

Are you using a voodoo kernel or just enabling disabling?
when you disable do you switch over to a non voodoo kernel?
what voodoo kernels are you using?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
its probably just still buggy , post to him and tell him what you are experiencing

the only rest i have gotten with my fassy is Adranalyn VER..
final VooDoo EB01, only flashed one theme and stayed put..no lags no FC's works on demand and rules in my book. I dont have any ideas of switching to the now leaked Samsung Froyo .. i watched the video and so far all i seen was what i already have.
i am satisfied as i am with SC DXC_EB01 2.9.2 & voodoo..
unless Adry can improve on it and my airwave hero's droidx landshark the shinny gray man and standup dad move then i will make a move...without those , i would be in android Hell..

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From- (OP) Adrynalyne Quote---->It is not a quality release by my standards !!!! Have faith he will fix it. LOL

Actually if what he posted later on in the thread is true, that may not be the case. He posted he had an OS crash and he lost all traces he had of the original EC01 leak. Not sure if he needed the full leak to really work his magic, but he told everyone not to lose it. Also I believe he and others are neck deep in the "community" rom right now.

cpark_12

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the same kernel with sc2.9.2 and the black alien theme and I'm not noticing any lag at all

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk