USB issues

newbie4ever

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Try wiping your data/catche/dalvik 3 times in a row it worked for me a while ago...

Sent from my finger to my phone to this post using Tapatalk

Dmabe

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Fine, if I must I'll flash back to stock and see if that fixes it. If not I'll have them send me a new phone. Really liking com rom 2.0 though :( thanks again guys for all the help!!

Dmabe

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok things went bad.

rebooted into recovery.
Wiped cache and Davlik
went to wipe data (factory) and it hung up on formatting .android secure something or another.
Let it sit ten minutes
Pulled battery.
Flashed zip file to stock, the one Littl guided me to
rebooted.
Stuck on Samsung screen.
pulled battery rebooted.
This time held power and both volume keys to get into recovery.
Samsung screen 10 minutes.
Pulled battery and repeated booting up. Always stuck on samsung screen.
Brought phone into verizon today and a new one is being shipped out.
Without being able to connect my USB to the computer I was unable to reflash using ODIN.

Something weird with the phone, will reflash CR2 when new one comes.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Dang....glad they sent you a knew one. This is my fault, as I forgot to tell you to disable lagfix and reboot before flashing stock kernel. Completely apologise.

Dmabe

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Dang it! You're right! LOL ooops.. Actually, I knew that, just totally forgot oh well. Thanks for all the help Litl, we'll do this next one better.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
thinking about it, I don't know that it was the lagfix after all...you said your problems started when you tried to wipe data/factory reset. That should have taken less than 5 minutes..

Either way your getting a new phone..and my guess is they won't ever be able to know you did anything to it, so you should be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez