gingerbread?..

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The EC09 leak showed they are working on it, but I think we won't hear anything about it until the SGSII is out...

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the powerwashed gb rom now & loving it. An occasional screen freeze is the only problem I have encountered so far.
:)

Gamecock#AC

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
They say we're getting it but won't say when. They keep saying "stay tuned". IMO, it implies it could be soon.
GalaxySsupport
@johnnyplaid Our developers are working hard w/ @verizon to get 2.3 ready for the #fascinate. Please hold tight and stay tuned^Janel

Last edited by a moderator:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Where's the logic in the largest carrier not providing the best selling android phone on earth?

Kind of confirms the rumors of Verizon getting the Nexus Prime (or Droid Prime or whatever they are going to name it), so obviously Verizon felt no need to get SGS2 if they are going to get the next Nexus phone. Stupid thinking in my opinion as not everyone may want a Nexus AOSP phone. I would think having both options would be in Verizon's best interest, but I'm no business or marketing genius.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Kind of confirms the rumors of Verizon getting the Nexus Prime (or Droid Prime or whatever they are going to name it), so obviously Verizon felt no need to get SGS2 if they are going to get the next Nexus phone. Stupid thinking in my opinion as not everyone may want a Nexus AOSP phone. I would think having both options would be in Verizon's best interest, but I'm no business or marketing genius.

It could be that they're anticipating offering both of the top-tier phones, the Prime and iPhone5, so don't need to fill the livery with another mid-range option.

Don't really know what their ROI has been with mid-range offerings to date, but it could be that they don't have much demand for that segment. Probably a case of extremes, where they sell many low-end and many high-end, but not much in between...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It could be that they're anticipating offering both of the top-tier phones, the Prime and iPhone5, so don't need to fill the livery with another mid-range option.

Don't really know what their ROI has been with mid-range offerings to date, but it could be that they don't have much demand for that segment. Probably a case of extremes, where they sell many low-end and many high-end, but not much in between...

I would hardly call the SGS2 a mid-range phone

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
even if gbread drops, it will take three or more updates before it works how it should. It took err..3 or more releases for them to get Froyo working as it should on this phone.. and my feelings that Froyo to Gbread is much weaker update than Eclair to Froyo I think are still valid. I am not dying to get Gbread, but I couldn't wait to get Froyo. Thats why I even exist in this forum.

The Nexus Prime and SGII are and will be very nice handsets, however, I still have a year until upgrade. I am banking that my next handset will have a quad core 2+ GHZ processor, Super AMOLED + screen, and 4g standard. May just be wishful thinking, but hey who knows.. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa