Great Device

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

Just wanted to stop by and share a quick story.

I purchased a MOtorola Droid Bionic about two weeks back since I wanted the "best" of the Android devices out there. After using the Bionic, I saw many shortcomings that are simply not worth the money or the hype that phone had. I returned the bionic and am now using a borrowed Samsung Fascinate to hold me over until the Nexus Prime is released.

To put it shortly, this Fascinate has a better touch screen, a better camera, better responsiveness, great battery life, and it runs faster than the Bionic. Yes, it does. I don't know what it ism probably Motorola's software over ANdroid, but the Bionic was kinda skippy. It didn't lag, no. But it wasn't as smooth as the Fascinate is. Of course, I might have gotten a lemon unit, but that was my experience. I also compared it to my friend's Bionic and he had the same thoughts, but still loved the 4G, so he kept his.

Anyway, just sharing. This is a good little phone.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It is I agree, I look at the other phones on display once in awhile and nothing really looks superior to me. Maybe by the time my contract is up and I can get a new one free Samsung will have a new improved model! 4G isn't even available here, so not much sense in upgrading now!

MollyMillions

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The Fascinate seems to be pretty popular with the rooting community, though to be fair, even the Droid 1 is still being used a lot of people. Proof positive that newer isn't always better. For me, something like battery life trumps 4G speeds or a dual-core processor; all the speed in the world isn't worth charging twice a day.

joshcore

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
we really do have an awesome phone. The people who didn't buy fascinates that were complete lemons are an elite few. Looking forward to a stable gingerbread rom when one comes out from yonder.

40kal

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha your "borrowed" phone just might not be stock lol. I have a Fascinate since launch but I couldn't use one stock. Depending on what a user is coming from experiences will differ. But as I was reading your post I'm thinking "it can't be stock" lol and if it is...it can be 300% better. I've been eligible for upgrade since July and that new Google phone is the only phone that can replace it.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree...I've had a love/hate affair with my Fascinate. Right now I love it, after rooting and flashing a custom ROM. I'm running GeeWiz 1.1, nothing exciting, but my phone works really well, battery life is better, response from the phone seems better, calls are never missed, etc. There are still some hiccups and oddities now and then, but no big deal. I've been hands on with a GSII, a Charge, a Thunderbolt and I have an EVO 4G which is rooted as well...I still like my Fascinate better than any of them right now. The new Nexus looks good, but nothing else out there appeals to me. Maybe in the spring or next summer there may be something else, but I'm quite pleased with this device at the moment. :)

saraera

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The Fascinate seems to be pretty popular with the rooting community, though to be fair, even the Droid 1 is still being used a lot of people. Proof positive that newer isn't always better. For me, something like battery life trumps 4G speeds or a dual-core processor; all the speed in the world isn't worth charging twice a day.

definitely newer isn't always better. so many bugs and mistakes with new phones these days.
and I totally agree. long lasting battery > speed of light phone
I think i have enough patience to wait a few more seconds haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo