Where is Google Maps in the Market?

briang00

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I looked for it on the Fascinate, DX, and DInc and could not find it. Went to m.google.com to download off web and it said to down load from Market, with a link. Hit the link and said it could not be found.
This is a deal breaker for me and the Fascinate.

briang00

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So is the Fascinate a worthy phone other than the Bing search issue??Any other Google apps that we wont have?

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So is the Fascinate a worthy phone other than the Bing search issue??Any other Google apps that we wont have?

only issue is quickly fading backlighting capacitive button and using touchwiz's contact system. They are not deal breakers however.

Even the bing issue is resolved for the time being, although I'd like to see some support for the capacitive search button using google as well.

mickey jones

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to a Verizon company store that had 2 working Fascinates. On one I found Google Maps in the marketplace but the other couldn't find it. Strange.

I also loaded GPS Test on 2 Incredibles, 1 DX and 2 Fascinates. Both Fascinates had trouble but all the other devices found 8-9 sats with good signals.

Ivisi

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to a Verizon company store that had 2 working Fascinates. On one I found Google Maps in the marketplace but the other couldn't find it. Strange.

I also loaded GPS Test on 2 Incredibles, 1 DX and 2 Fascinates. Both Fascinates had trouble but all the other devices found 8-9 sats with good signals.

I tried that same GPS test on the Fascinate and the Droid X in the store I went to today, and both could not lock onto a single satellite. Both did, however, give a very accurate current location in Bing and Google Maps. I attribute it to the store I was in, though. Older, and probably encased in 50 feet of asbestos. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89