Gmail address field issue

Skyeclad

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone happen to know how to make the font smaller of the addresses that begin to pop up when you start to type in someone's name from your contact list? My problem is is that the font is so large, I cannot see the entire email address only a couple of letters. If I try to select the address, in order to scroll to the right, it automatically puts the address in the field even if it's the wrong one.

Skyeclad

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't anyone else have this issue where someone proper name takes up so much screen space that I can't see any of the domain names due to the extra large font?

Here's an example of what I see:

Blow, Nathaniel Joseph <Joeblow@
Blow, Nathaniel Joseph <Jblow@Gm
Blow, Nathaniel Joseph <Joeblow@

If the font were smaller, I would be able to see the name and the e-mail address so that I knew which one I was sending it to. Any suggestions?

gizmo

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean. My wife has several emails with everything in front of the @ the same. This makes it really confusing when I'm wanting to send something to her work email or personal email specifically.

One way around this is to go to landscape view before you start typing the address. Now you can scroll through the options as you begin to enter an address. However, I wish there was a way to scroll like this while in portrait.

Skyeclad

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean. My wife has several emails with everything in front of the @ the same. This makes it really confusing when I'm wanting to send something to her work email or personal email specifically.

One way around this is to go to landscape view before you start typing the address. Now you can scroll through the options as you begin to enter an address. However, I wish there was a way to scroll like this while in portrait.

Exactly, this is my problem.

However I don't see how to view pop-up e-mail addresses in landscape mode. When I turn my phone to landscape, my screen fills with a text input area in light blue with the word "next" to the right of the field.

When in this mode, I get no pop-up e-mail addresses and can no longer see any other field in the e-mail other than the one I'm in.

This actually can be helpful when typing into web fields where the text can scroll off the side but in situations like e-mail address fields, it's annoying too.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
When I want to e-mail someone with multiple e-mail addresses that share the same domain, or similar names, I'll go to Contacts, swipe their name left and click on the e-mail address I want to send to. It makes it easier that trying to pick their name from that horizontal list when composing an e-mail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty