Random Force Closing + Screen Freezing ....HELP!!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted my Fascinate and also loaded the lagfix. Quadrant benchmark is at 1769 but I have been facing a bunch of problems ...
1. The screen keeps freezing a lot. And I mean a lot.... Sometimes it unfreezes after a few minutes sometines does not and I have to actually pull the battery to reboot.
2. And frequently random force close notices pop up saying certain application (at random like Task Manager, App Brain, Slacker Radio, etc) needs to be force closed.

Is it because of the root / lagfix? I have autokiller installed and I also have juice defender installed.

Do I need to go back to stock? or is there anything else I am doing wrong or not doing?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Another strange behavior: Everytime I reboot my phone, after about 10 minutes, Vlingo safereader (I presume) kicks in and starts reading an email that I received more than 6 hours ago! (And it only reads that one email).

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled auto killer and juice defender and now the problem its gone. I wonder if it is just the auto killer that was the problem or the both.

I have both and my phone is ok...

I'm not suggesting that wasn't your problem, if I were you I'd steer clear of those. Lots of variables I guess.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
My initial problem of excessive forceclosing and freezing have disappeared to a great extent after I removed autokiller. But I still get occasional forceclosing of apps that I am not running (I presume these are the processes that run in the background) - apps like Handcent, etc. And sometimes, the phone just freezes - and if I leave it alone for about five minutes or longer the phone restarts by itself .. does not reboot ...just the launcher that restarts. I do not have any task killers or memory optimizers installed on my phone. Does this have something to do with voodoo lagfix?

Also, I don't know if it is related or not but I am also having somewhat similar problem when I watch videos using rockplayer. Randomly, the app closes down. And I have to fire it up all over again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa