Video Camera Warning

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
So i "recorded" 15 minutes of video today on the beach with the Fascinate since my battery was dead on the real video camera. That's what i thought. It seems that on the Fascinate video camera, clicking the "pause" button is not enough to save the video. If you do not press the "stop" button the video is not saved!

I got home from my trip today and tried to view the video and it was not there. I confirmed through a couple of tests that you have to press the stop button to write it to the SD card.

That absolutely sucks. Hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else.

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It took my friends a few failed attempts to realize that. I was lucky though as we were skateboarding and got everything we missed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
This is a great point and one of many "quirks" in the ui that just don't make sense. Why not at least offer an "are you sure you want to exit, video will not be saved" popup? I did experience a genuine bug in the video recorder though... I started recording and about thirty seconds in it popped up with "video recording failed" and just went back to the home screen and there was no sign of the file it might have recorded. It seems there are a lot of caveats to the recorder on this phone.

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure what causes the "video recording failed" message. I have gotten that a couple of time as well, I'm wondering if its a software issue or not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non