Emergency Call Not Working

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Cordoni, what apps are you running? does it work again after you reboot ?

It works for a while then stops.

As far as apps go, excluding Widgets, I have 113 different apps, so I don't think I can help narrow it down there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ssri

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
did it ever not work for you curley?

Yes, it did not work. I did what I did before, by loading TW and removing it again. I followed the recent instruction of turning on the lock then rebooting that seems to have worked after sitting idol overnight. For now. But it seems some others are having the same issue after sitting idol overnight.

SEAKevin

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it did not work. I did what I did before, by loading TW and removing it again. I followed the recent instruction of turning on the lock then rebooting that seems to have worked after sitting idol overnight. For now. But it seems some others are having the same issue after sitting idol overnight.
Mine sat idle overnight and it is still working fine this morning.

ssri

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It works for a while then stops.

As far as apps go, excluding Widgets, I have 113 different apps, so I don't think I can help narrow it down there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cordoni and Curley,

Are you guys doing anything particular on the phone prior to emergency button not working again after soft reset fixing it? or do they just not work after being left unattended overnight?

I left mine idle for overnight and emergency button works is working fine. Just to note though, mine was non-rooted stock ROM with few apps installed before the DL09 update. (Launcher Pro, KaKaoTalk, Whatsapp, Shootme, Speedtest, Androidcentral & Angry Bird)

Maybe it a particular app that's causing this??

Could you post list of apps installed on your phone? I want to check what I should not install. :confused:

Thanks in advance!!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Keep the information coming on this guys. In spite of the fix being discovered, I'm still looking into this and seeing what's still causing it to "unfix" for some people.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Now mine is working again, rebooted last night. After rebooting, I tried a handful of apps including the market, browser, gallery, gmail, voicemail, dialer, tapatalk, and bar code scanner, and could not recreate the problem. These are all the primary apps I use on a daily basis, so i thought one might crash it. So far, no dice. I am glad it is working now, but wish I knew the cause.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Cordoni and Curley,

Are you guys doing anything particular on the phone prior to emergency button not working again after soft reset fixing it? or do they just not work after being left unattended overnight?

I left mine idle for overnight and emergency button works is working fine. Just to note though, mine was non-rooted stock ROM with few apps installed before the DL09 update. (Launcher Pro, KaKaoTalk, Whatsapp, Shootme, Speedtest, Androidcentral & Angry Bird)

Maybe it a particular app that's causing this??

Could you post list of apps installed on your phone? I want to check what I should not install. :confused:

Thanks in advance!!

Mine is fine now. I think we just need to follow the instructions and reboot after turning on the lock. That seems to correct the issue, what ever it may be.

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
able to replicate the bug emergency dialer by doing this!

If you receive a call while browser is open your lock screen emergency dialer will no longer function. I have been able to replicate this bug every time doing this. Let me know if it works for you guys

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
when taking calls puzzle piece won't move....

I found a different lock screen issue.....Since DL09

When my phone receives a call, if I touch the power or sound buttons the ringtone stops, which is what it's supposed to do.

BUT

the problem is I can't answer the call then without pushing the power button again to make the screen go dark,
then push it once more to turn it back on,
then I can slide the puzzle piece to answer.

Otherwise the phone won't let me slide the puzzle piece down to answer the call without doing this if I touch anything other than the screen when receiving a call. Only been happening since DL09

It recognizes I'm touching the screen as the puzzle piece flashes but it won't let me move it until I hit the power button off/on again

Anyone else having this issue?

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Chris and phommk. Since you both posted your apps and both can replicate the problem, I cross referenced the apps you share. Angry Birds, Beautiful Widgets, Shoot Me, and Yelp.

Now, since I have replicated it as well, I cross referenced your app list with mine. The only two links across all three are as follows:
-Beautiful Widgets
-We all have either Shoot Me or Screen Shot It, both screen capture apps.

I am keeping a file on the app lists posted from here on out, to continue the cross reference.

Just to be clear, you guys don't have any other apps running?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Chris and phommk. Since you both posted your apps and both can replicate the problem, I cross referenced the apps you share. Angry Birds, Beautiful Widgets, Shoot Me, and Yelp.

Now, since I have replicated it as well, I cross referenced your app list with mine. The only two links across all three are as follows:
-Beautiful Widgets
-We all have either Shoot Me or Screen Shot It, both screen capture apps.

I am keeping a file on the app lists posted from here on out, to continue the cross reference.

Just to be clear, you guys don't have any other apps running?

I went back to complete stock and remained unrooted and was still able to replicate it, so I think I've eliminated anything app related.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Edit: Based on Chris' post above, this list is not needed. (But I'll leave it because I want to show off my app list. :D)
I was typing as he posted.
Here is my list, excluding system stock apps.

aldiko
amazon barcode scanner
amazon kindle
android central
android system info
around me
astro
bank of america
barcode scanner
basic chords
battery indicator
beautiful widgets
big oven
bizcard lite
bookmarksb
comics
convert-a-tron
date wheel pro
dawn to dusk
dropbox
due today
earth
find my car lite
first aid
future text
gmail
google sky map
google translate
gps status
gstrings guitar tuner
guitar tuner free
histroy eraser
home switcher
ilightr free
image shrink
inventory
jefit
lock strength
maps
miren
movies
navigation
netquin antivirus
nhl gamecenter
night clock donate
night walker
nook
onoff widget pack
overdrive media console
pandora
power amp
qr droid
quadrant
quick cache cleaner
redreserve
ringdroid
espn scorecenter
screen shot it
sd rescan
soundhound
speed test
spirit level plus
stack calculator
superuser
swiftkey
system (task manager)
talk tapatalk pro
tasker
tesla led
texts from last night
the wall street reader
the weather channel
think free office
titanium backup
tune in radio
unblock me free
voice
wheres my droid
white noise
whiteboard
wifi analyzer
wifi radar
wire gogles
word search

GrainOsand

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
it's not app related it's def browser related. I have since confirmed same replication method on 4 other fascinates running DL09. Two of which I was told that they didnt have this bug. I told them to open browser and I called them and guess what? E dialer crashed. soft boot resets it. But dialer will trip everytime you recieve a call with browser open. I think everyone on DL09 has this bug. They just dont know it yet. Can anyone recieve a call with the browser open and not trip the lock screen e dialer. I think thats the real test.

SEAKevin

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got a text from Verizon:

"Free VZW Msg(s) - Use of your emergency call button on your Fascinate phone with software SCH-i500.DL09 may not work while the phone is locked. A software fix will be pushed to your device soon. Until available, disable pattern lock to ensure emergency calls can be placed. To check your software version press Applications>Settings>About phone and view Build number. Only version SCHi-500.DL09 is impacted by this issue. Versions SCH-i500.DI01 and SCH-i500.DH12 are functioning properly. To disable pattern lock press Applications>Settings>Location & Security and remove check from Require Pattern."

mamajc

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue of not being able to slide the puzzle piece to answer the phone since the update. Usually it's from a sleeping phone. I guess the last place I was might have been in the browser. Would your theories still be correct if mine occurs usually even hours of non-use. The phone rings and no matter what I do that dang piece just won't go and I miss the call. Very frustrating!!