Voodoo Control App

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I know this may belong in the apps section, but I had a compatibility question specific to the Fascinate. Does anyone know if this app is supported by any of the custom kernels released by JT or Adryn? Will it even have any benefit? The description of the app says that the kernel requires a driver to support it. I'm too much of a wuss to just install it. I'm currently on Adryn's Test 2 voodoo kernel. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I know this may belong in the apps section, but I had a compatibility question specific to the Fascinate. Does anyone know if this app is supported by any of the custom kernels released by JT or Adryn? Will it even have any benefit? The description of the app says that the kernel requires a driver to support it. I'm too much of a wuss to just install it. I'm currently on Adryn's Test 2 voodoo kernel. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

never heard of it, but ill flash anything. results will be on the voodoo sticky, would you mind making a post in that thread.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
never heard of it, but ill flash anything. results will be on the voodoo sticky, would you mind making a post in that thread.

As far as I'm aware, the control app just controls the Voodoo sound enhancements, nothing else. And you have to be on a kernel with the sound enhancements included, like the JT's latest:

Updated Voodoo5 Kernels for Fascinate, Mesmerize, and Showcase! Now with Voodoo Sound - xda-developers

I've been using it for the past few days, and the battery life has been great.

Reactions: djlim4

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
thats the one im on now. what have you noticed about the sound quality?

I actually haven't noticed anything, but only because I haven't tested the sound at all - when recording video or audio. Not sure if makes a difference for general things like audio while on a call.

But the battery life has been great. Took the phone off the charger this morning at about 8:30, and it's still at 87%. Only light use today, a few short calls and web/email checking, but 13% for 12 hours is pretty good.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually haven't noticed anything, but only because I haven't tested the sound at all - when recording video or audio. Not sure if makes a difference for general things like audio while on a call.

But the battery life has been great. Took the phone off the charger this morning at about 8:30, and it's still at 87%. Only light use today, a few short calls and web/email checking, but 13% for 12 hours is pretty good.

So you're saying that you see better battery life since you installed the app? or you've been seeing good battery life with that kernel?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying that you see better battery life since you installed the app? or you've been seeing good battery life with that kernel?

With the kernel in general. The control app just lets you tweak the sound settings, it does nothing with the lag fix or the color fix.

FloorMatt

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Notable increase in output with amplifier tweak. DAC improvements as well. SuperCurio obviously put in some work on this one and it doesn't disappoint.