GO Launcher EX

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use this? I think it's way better than TouchWiz. Everything is much smoother for some reason.

Question: Is there a way to use Samsung Widgets on a different launcher?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone use this? I think it's way better than TouchWiz. Everything is much smoother for some reason.

Question: Is there a way to use Samsung Widgets on a different launcher?

I use this and LOVE IT! I like the fact it has the ability to create folders in the app drawer and you can rearrange the order of the screens without having to move all the icons around.

Which widgets are you looking for that are not there?

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I use it religiously. The best. No annoying BS that Launcher Pro comes with... I just want to be able to design my own theme though. Runs like a dream

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually like touchwiz, mostly for the widgets. Ive tried every launcher out there, I just dont like the look of LauncherPro, I want a cool dock, not some tiny dock with small white icons. Go launcher is actually pretty fast and has alot of options. Its def my favorite, although right now im using HeLauncher.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Go launcher is very good...its came a long way...but i recently go launcher pro and i dont even use the options that it came with...go to XDA DEVS or launcherpro.com and grab...icons, tiles, docks...what ever you like and apply them using "desktop "visualizer and your good to go.....you dont have to use just the docks that come with the launcher.....i customized my phone over the past 2 days, and i thought what did was only possible by rooting....Boy i was wrong...only thing u cant change is the notification area......Install the free version of launcher pro and get the desktop visualizer and go grab some icons and docks, and come icon tiles....and mess around with it.....unfortuneately go launcher isnt as advanced as launcher pro, but thats my opinion

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I liked that GO lets you hide icons for apps in the drawer. I could get rid of stuff I need to keep on the phone, but don't actually click on because I access them through another app. Things like Google Navigation, Places, etc that I get to with Maps or the Calender and Clock which Beautiful Widgets is linked to.

I actually like touchwiz, mostly for the widgets. Ive tried every launcher out there, I just dont like the look of LauncherPro, I want a cool dock, not some tiny dock with small white icons. Go launcher is actually pretty fast and has alot of options. Its def my favorite, although right now im using HeLauncher.

I'm not trying to sell ya on LauncherPro, as I too prefer TW, but you can change the dock icons with it to the stock colored ones if you don't like the white ones. They'll still be smaller because they put an extra icon in there, but it's a start right?

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to sell ya on LauncherPro, as I too prefer TW, but you can change the dock icons with it to the stock colored ones if you don't like the white ones. They'll still be smaller because they put an extra icon in there, but it's a start right?

Yeah, I dont like docks with icons, unless its TW. Id prefer Ported ui's over launchers.

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I use this and LOVE IT! I like the fact it has the ability to create folders in the app drawer and you can rearrange the order of the screens without having to move all the icons around.

Which widgets are you looking for that are not there?

Just the Samsung Task Manager Widget. But then again I could access all that info by pressing the middle icon so nevermind haha!

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Went to Go a little while back from Launcher pro. Seems to use less battery. They just upgraded to the Go EX package and that is nice also. Go feels a little smoother than launcher pro.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I might give GO Launcher a try, I've heard some good things about it. There are quite a few excellent apps from the GO devs, especially their SMS app.

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
GO Launcher EX is the best launcher that there is! I am now stuck on it. Launcher Pro was good. It did what I wanted but my battery drained and I couldn't resize widgets, at least for free. Not only is GO Launcher awesome, the themes are awesome. They support the Launcher and their SMS app wonderfully. The icons that they have too are great. The best feature is the task killer. Seriously, I kept killing the apps that were there and I ended the day at 50% of my battery. Even after Angry Birds! I forgot to mention that it doesn't require to be restarted like Launcherpro when you make a change. All around, the best!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non