Please Help!!

geosnipe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
hello fellow androidians,
I have successfully rooted phone but now I need help applying the lag fix as my fascinate is slow via benchmarking test. Also how do I safely remove VZ bloat and backup the trimmed phone system state??
Thanks in advance...

HWv= i500.04
M#= SCH-I500
FWv= 2.1 update1
BBv= S:i500.04 v.DL09
KERv= 2.6.29
Build= SCH-I500.DL09

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
this the link to the how to voodoo

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/55753-how-voodoo.html

read it, read it and then read it again.

now, your phone is slow because you are running stock. forget about cleaning up your current setup. its a waste of time. flash a new clean rom. it will be debloated and deodexed. then flash a new kernel, if you think you can do ok with the voodoo, then go for it, but be careful. read the thread. read through peoples feed back on the thread.

here is a list of roms and kernels:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...oms-hacks/55521-list-roms-kernels-themes.html

good luck. let us know how it goes.

Reactions: geosnipe

geosnipe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
so attemtping lag fix is null?? proceed with the path you have given to achieve far better? Just making sure I follow correctly.. Thanks

geosnipe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
know how to use Odin, flash back to stock, hot to boot into recovery and how to put your phone into download mode. any links or how to's on theses tasks?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
know how to use Odin, flash back to stock, hot to boot into recovery and how to put your phone into download mode. any links or how to's on theses tasks?

yeah check the stickies. droidxcon has some GREAT how to's on all that stuff. im not saying dont voodoo, just be careful. gotta go to church, check back in a bit.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't go by quadrant scores, they really mean nothing. Judge it by your real world use. You most likely don't need voodoo, only a handful of people really benefit from it, as it has a very specialized purpose. Read up on it, and decide if it is right for you. You can achieve similar results by just using custom ROMs and kernels

geosnipe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah check the stickies. droidxcon has some GREAT how to's on all that stuff. im not saying dont voodoo, just be careful. gotta go to church, check back in a bit.
I have completed the following:
- backed up contacts to SD and VZ BKUPASST
- backed up sysdata and apps using Titanium BKUP free
- watched video: Galaxy S Kernel Flashing (How-To Flash, Backup and RESTORE)
1 question though, Voodoo or Superdark

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have completed the following:
- backed up contacts to SD and VZ BKUPASST
- backed up sysdata and apps using Titanium BKUP free
- watched video: Galaxy S Kernel Flashing (How-To Flash, Backup and RESTORE)
1 question though, Voodoo or Superdark

kevin is right, voodoo is a kernel. kernel tells the phone what to do with its self, the kernel contains the hardware drivers. it tells the os how to use the hardware. the rom is the os. superdark is rom. i like superdark. im using rubik now. its pretty good. they are both debloated. rubik more so. basicly what you need to start the phone up. you will have to install the stuff you want that doesnt com with the rom. no biggie on that though. forget about vzw back up crap. just copy your sd card to the pc. piece of advise. titanium back up before you flash a deblaoted rom is a waste of time. you will have some work to do once your rom is installed but its worth it. set up your new rom and then do a titanium backup. that way you are backing up deodexed apps and only the apps you want. more work now, less work in the future. find a rom and voodoo kernel you wanna try drop on your sd and then follow the instructions on the how to voodoo exactly then you should be good to go.

geosnipe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
how do I restor my apps and stuff after rom flash. i made 2 copies, 1 with nandroid, and 2 was a SD card copy befor formatting and getting dirty... help is appreciated
Nevermind got it resolved thanks for the help!

Last edited: